𝟚𝟘. 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

When I tell you my heart drops out my ass I'm not being dramatic.

"Mom, dad. Why're you here?" I ask as the both stand up with stern looks.

"Well mi hija. When you send your father a text saying," he pauses pulling out his phone and reading it with squinting eyes, "' this pregnancy is throwing me for a loop I need donuts, I have that appointment on Friday and I'm shitting bricks' usually at that information, good parents get the first flight back over here."

"And here we are." My mama says and my eyes widen, snatching my phone out of my purse and checking my texts.

Fuck.

That was for Rhys.

"Where's Levi?" My dad asks and when his eyes fall on Owen behind me he frowns and smiles at the same time. "Oh wow."

My eyes widen even more and I shake my head. "Oh no. No no no. It's not his. It's Levi's."

"Then where is he?" My dad asks sternly and I look to Owen who just crosses his arms over his chest.

I gesture for them to sit down and they take the seats they were in while I sit down next to them.

"Okay look. I have so much to tell you but it'll have to wait for after the appointment but the reason Levi isn't here is because," I stop, taking a deep breath, "he stole all my money, left me a wallet full of debt and fled the country and nobody can find him." I say in one quick breath and my parents face snap into shock.

"I'm sorry? Say that again." My dad says.

"I sa-"

"I heard what you said Evelyne!" He hisses and i wince slightly. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Because, he took everything dad. Everything and then I found out I was pregnant and it all just blew up, figuratively and literally."

"What do you mean 'literally'?" Mama asks and I sigh again.

"The house caught fire." I say and if there faces could be any more shocked, I'd question if I needed a doctor. "But I'm going to get it fixed!"

My dad lets out a long breath and places his face in his hands.

I look towards Owen who gestures me to continue and mimics ripping off a bandaid and I shake my head.

Not here.

Not right now.

"Look mama, papa. I promise I was going to tell you. I was going to tell you tonight, it's my twelve week scan today. I wanted to wait I needed too, last time-" I cut myself off, covering it with a cough. "The last time I spoke to you, I was figuring everything out then Owen came back into town and offered to let me stay with him."