𝟙𝟠. 𝙱𝚞𝚐 𝚈𝚘𝚞

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

Over two weeks later, I'm sat on the couch with yarn beside me and my crotchet hook in the other.

Owens I'm the kitchen making dinner and from the smell of it, I'm going to be devouring it in seconds.

"So what's with the eighty year old hobby?" Owen asks, leaning on the island separating the living room and the kitchen.

I roll my eyes before I explain myself. "It's relaxing. I started it in college when I was pregnant. I didn't have enough money to buy a blanket so I bought some cheap yarn and a dollar crotchet hook and made one. It's been a thing ever since. So I'm going to do the same for this one."

I pause for a second, scratching my head as I count each stitch to make sure I've done it right.

"When Rhys gets here you need to fuck off. I mean that in the nicest possible way." I tell him, scratching the other side of my head.

"No you didn't." He says and I smirk.

"No I didn't." I repeat, scratching again.

"You know, you've been scratching your head constantly?" He asks, turning back into the kitchen and opening the oven.

"I did my ponytail too tight for work and used more hairspray then I should have." I explain, massaging under my neck to relieve the itching.

"That's what happens when you do your hair like barbie. You even made it look like plastic." He says loudly and I hear him getting out three plates, one extra for Rhys.

"It's called being thorough. Have you ever had shit all in your hair?" I ask and when he doesn't answer I continue. "Exactly, I'm not doing that again. I watch all the new nurses with their hair down and I cringe." My body shudders slightly as I get back to crocheting the next row of the blanket.

Owen comes in with three plates of ravioli and it smells amazing.

He places two plates and some forks on the table and takes the other for himself. Plonking himself down on the sofa beside me, he digs in before his eyes land on me.

"Okay. What the hell are you doing? Like how?" He asks and I stop my movements looking to him with a smirk.

"You want to learn?" I ask, placing down my work and scratching my head again.

Lesson learnt, don't do your pony tail too tight again.

"Not really but your moving too fast it's making me nauseous." He grumbles, taking a bite of his food.

"Okay look. You put the hook into the stitch." I explain, demonstrating as I go. "Yarn over, pull through the stitch. Yarn over again and pull through the two loops." I pause and continue at a faster pace. "It's easy."