𝟷𝟸. 𝙴𝚗𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚜

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

I may or may not have purposely passed through the ER on my way back to the car and they needed some help so I offered without hesitation.

So I didn't end up back at owens till a little later.

When I say a little later, I mean 8pm.

Yes I worked a nine hour shift on my day off and I honestly enjoyed it. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next two days.

I might sneak back in and offer my help.

I pull up to owens house only to see his car already on the driveway which confuses me because I thought he didn't finish till later on tonight.

I'm still not entirely sure how he managed to get to my appointment. He must have sprinted through the hospital but the only sign that was the slightl sheen of sweat on his forehead.

If I had to run down four floors and across the other side of the hospital, I'd be sweating enough to wash a car.

I get out of the car that actually is a car and not some futuristic bullshit and walk up the the house. When he gave me the keys to the rental car, there was already a house key attached to them.

I unlock the front door while simultaneously locking the car and walking into the house with my bag over my shoulder.

God walking into the house without permission is beyond nostalgic, it's so familiar while being simultaneously unfamiliar.

I close the door behind me, inhaling through my nose as I place my bag on the hooks by the door.

The familiarity is taking over me right now.

I toe off my boots and walk through the living room, glancing at all the changes.

This place used to be filled with pictures of our families. Pictures of our parents on one side, usually of our dads dragging each of our moms out fishing. The fake enthusiasm on both my mom and Lauren's face was unmissable but they faked it for our dads. On the other side of the room were pictures or me, nia and Owen. Usually with me and owen side eyeing eachother because we were forced to be close while nia was grinning like an idiot.

Now though, there's no pictures. Just a large sofa with a huge TV. It's so bland compared to the room I once knew but the same can be said for the kitchen.

The kitchen use to feel homey, it's where I'd go and talk to my mom and Nias mom. You could never ask one for advice without asking the other, it was psychically impossible. I'd sit there and talk for hours while they both cooked for our weekly dinners which over the years turned into a daily thing.

The kitchen used to be filled with pictures on the fridge, chatting and love but now, just like the living room. All it feels like is a kitchen.

When I inhale again, a smell hits my nose. A smell that smells mildly edible to me right now, which is saying something because everything I've smelled in the past week has been the opposite of edible.