Chapter 31

The feeling when your past hits you like a Mac truck. When your face to face with the people who use to make you smile. And who had seen you at your worst.

I wasn't ready.

"Damn, you changed so much" she came over to me hugging me. "Why you shut me out like that?" She asked as I hugged her back.

"My life stopped" I sighed. "I saw you and all i could see was Nana. You stopped me in my tracks" I told Tori.

"Yeah, I heard" she laughed wiping away her tears. "Can I talk to you for a minute? We never got a chance" she says. I nod my head.

"I'll be back" I tell Jamie. Tori followed behind me back into the house. I lead the way up stairs and took a seat on the bed. "I swear you looked just like Nacole, Tori. My heart dropped" I told her.

"How have you been? Have you been taking care of yourself?" She asked.

"I have been trying" I took a deep breath. I just stared at her and before I knew it the tears were running. She was a fucking Nana look alike. Always had been. Tori pulled me to her hugging me.

"I know you miss her. I miss my best friend.. My sister... My other half every fucking day but she was suffering. I know she would want us to keep on going with our lives and make her happy. She wouldn't want us to suffer either" she tells me hugging me. "You shut us all out when she made the choice she made... Jasserae we are your family. We were going to be there for you, for each other. "

"She hurt me, Tor. I aint been the same Jas since. The only person who ever loved me for me and I ever loved left me. I was selfish for wanting her to stay but she was selfish for making a choice that affected so many people who loved her" I cried. Tori rubbed my back in a soothing manner.

"Jas there was no doubt that she loved you. Nacole thought that what she was doing was best. She wanted you to have a good life. She was draining your account and she was feeling low. I remember that day when I picked her up, she got into the car and she was smiling Jas. She had tears but she was smiling. She told me ho much she loved everyone.. How she loved you. She didn't want to hurt anyone, I know Nacole just like you... She was doing what she thought was best. Her intentions was never to hurt us" she explained.

I reached over and grabbed some tissue wiping my face and passing the box to her. "I just think about where we would be if she was here. If chemo worked out and she was healthy. All of our mixed babies and living happily ever after" I smiled at the thought.

"That girl and the Chinese baby" she laughed wiping her tears.

"Don't talk about Ling Ling!" I laughed along.

"I told her ass she was going to curse a Baby with that name in this school system. She was too serious. What was the other one?' She asked.

"Naheim, Janell, And Noah" I shook my head at the names Nana had for her kids.

"remember her cat?"

"Man I hated that bastard. I was so freaking happy when she lost the little bitch"

"She didn't lose it. Daddy ran over it and hid it" she screamed. If Nacole knew her father killed that cat he would be dead.

"Are you serious? She was snooty nose crying! Why nobody tell me?" I asked.

"Because she was snooty nose crying. Her ass had you wrapped around her finger, we knew you would tell. Daddy was not trying to get beat up for running over Lino."

"That was my baby" I agreed. "I'm happy I ran into you.. I'm going to keep in contact and come visit. I miss you all"

"We miss you too, Jassibooboo" she pulled on my cheek.