Fresh Start

"Are you ready?" Jian asks while offering his arm.

His twin sister turns to him in a white wedding dress trimmed with gold lining. "I am. Thank you so much."

"I would never miss this day. Raven will love your dress."

Jia takes his arm and wait for the music cue. They hear shuffling of people standing to their feet. He feels his sister's heart pounding a thousand miles an hour.

He embraces her deeply. Her heart slows down to a tortoise's pace. 

"Be happy, Little Hare. Your partner waits for you."

She almost tears up from her twin's comfort. "Another Heaven" by Wang Lee is played by the small orchestra. A duet that talks about finding Heaven in a special someone.

Jian matches steps with his sister as the doors swing open. The right side featuring Raven's family with the left side showing a crying Fu and his associates for this special day.

Raven's lips drop from seeing Jia in all of her beauty. Her heart leaps with a smile behind her simple dress. Jia smiles with the same feeling.

The siblings stop at the appointed spot.

The priest opens his book. "Who gives Jia to be wedded?"

"I do," Jian answers. He lets his twin sister unite on the opposite side of her fiancee while he sits down with his employees.

A red tea set with a double happiness symbol is filled with sweet black tea before being given to Raven and Jia. Jia goes to her brother who helped her through the darkest storm of her life.

"Please drink tea."

Jian happily accepts. After sipping the tea down, he pulls out a red envelope filled with money to bless their new life. He had made sure beforehand that it was from the legitimate means of the Lazy Panda restaurant to alleviate Jia's fears. Jia humbly accepts before kissing him on the cheek.

Raven offers tea to her parents before they repeat their side of the custom. The couple reunites at the altar.

"I heard these two have been waiting a long time. So let's get to the reception," the priest jokes.

The crowd laughs in response.

"Raven. Jia. Do you take each other as partners for life? In sickness and in health? In love and out of it? Til death do you part?"

"I do," they say without hesitation.

"By the power invested in me, I declare your union valid. You may kiss to start your new lives."

Jia and Raven share a tender kiss that receives applause from their families. The newlyweds lead them down to the reception hall where food and dancing awaits them. Raven and Jia share their first dance with tears streaming between them. They are finally together with no obstacles in their way.

Jian and Fu watch on in happiness as they eat some pan-fried dumplings. After their dance, Jia pulls Jian up for their dance together. He whispers the best of luck to her and Raven while offering any future help if they need it.

"No Triad activity, of course."

She chuckles. "I would slap you for that."

"And it would hurt," he laughs. "Seriously, I am so proud of you. You deserve all the happiness in the world."

Her eyes tear up. "The same goes for you. Once we're settled, prepare to be an uncle."

"I will spoil those brats by giving them tattoos," he jests.