Richie

Call Disconnected

Despite the fact that he's hiding from Orchidea's loyal men, he smiles with gusto. El Segador's sustaining injuries; his identity exposed; and the fact that Bianca had abandoned her secure home. Unsettling her peace has brought her down to his level. The next step will have him wipe away any remainder of hope that she may have.

Richie straightens his black suit jacket from the unexpected change in his original plans. The initial shootout was supposed to lead to Orchidea's kidnapping and forcing her to hand over the rest of her financial documents. The torture she used on others would have made her talk. Once it was done, there was no need to keep her anymore.

He curses El Segador for ruining his plan. But he also thanks him. He exposed a hole in Bianca Petali's armor. How their professional relationship went further than that. Evidence of Miguel pressing his boss against the glass told him everything.

During one of his security sweeps of her home, he placed bugs in her room. Hoping to hear a moment of weakness. And he got it from both of them. Bianca's concern if she was a good mom to Isabella and Miguel's past.

His brown and blue wing tipped oxfords make their way to a desk in the middle of a warehouse. Alejandro and 25 other men are keeping watch for the rest of the loyal men. Hands on their M4s for any sight of them.

"Gentiluomini (Gentlemen), gather round. Let's talk the next phase of the plan."

His partner, Alejandro, makes his way down their stairs along with the others to meet at the desk.

"Signor Ricardo, what is it?"

He takes out a lighter and cigarette. Click. Spark. He lights it up. A short inhale before exhaling through his lips. For once, he feels powerful.

"Let's expose Mrs. Petali's weakness."

He tells them the idea. They restrain their feet from shuffling from the uncomfortable nature of the plan. His sharp honey-brown eyes examine them like a hawk. Any sign of weakness to discard right away.

They nod as one in agreement.

"Good. Once we take care of her, Xianmao will aid us against Lords Kelpie and Vmey," before banging his hand on the table. "The eastern coast will belong to the two of us! All of Orchidea's clients will crumble to submission. Is that clear?!"

"Yes, sir!"

He motions with his right hand. "Let's take a trip and end this."

All of them enter the armored SUVs and peel off for the destination in mind. Richie imagines how easy it would be to use a hostage close to Bianca's heart. How she would give anything to make sure Isabella was safe. His bullets going into both of their heads, ending her family line. Miguel's distraught eyes before he gets mowed down by the police in his back pocket.

Him whittling down the rest of the loyal Petali supporters to reign without hinderance. Selling any of El Segador's organs to the highest bidders. He imagines the heart of the legendary death dealer would be priceless.

He takes out his phone to make an important call. "Lt. Russo? I would need some men to escort an Isabella Petali out of the Boca Recovery Center...Eliminate anyone who gets in your way. I will send the address of where to meet from there."

No hesitation to agree from the receiver.

"I will get the hotel set up for us," Alejando taps on his phone to book a conference room.

"Make sure they provide a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice."

He nods while making a call. "Transfer me to A Dolce by Wyndham...Can your conference room hold at least 30 people? Great. We need it by 3pm. Is that short notice? Great. We just need champagne with ice waiting for us....Thank you. Use my card to hold the room..."

He hangs up. "Everything is set."

Richie flicks his cigarette out the window. "Perfect."

----

Red and blue lights flash as Lt. Russo's car enters the premises of the Recovery Center. Two patrol cars follow right behind him. He adjusts his bulletproof vest before stepping out. The nearby ocean air hits his nostrils.

He tells one of his subordinates to stay behind and radio for anything suspicious.

His black boots storm inside the building with a man and two women in tow. He goes to the reception desk with a warm smile.

He cuts off the receptionist lady who's in the middle of greeting him. "Hi, this is an emergency concerning Isabella Petali. Her mom wanted me to check on her after no response."

The woman in a teal outfit nods. "I understand. Shall I have her meet you?"

"No need. May we take her outside the complex for some air?"

"I'm sorry. I can't-"

 "Rules, right? What time is her curfew?"

"9pm."

"We will have her back before that time. I promise."

"Sir, I can't-"

He takes off his aviator glasses to connect with her. "Mrs. Petali allows you to. No one will know about this."

Her brown eyes glance at the officers. "Let me see where she is."

The keyboard clacks away....."She's in the meditation room. Would you like me to escort you?"

"Just point the way."

She motions them down the stairs and a right past the small library. As soon as they clear past the patients in white outfits, they pull out the guns for Isabella's protector, Marco. A stocky, yet intimidating man who had practiced boxing for a long time.

They see the door to the meditation room but no Marco in sight. Lt Russo swivels his head both ways before reaching for the doorknob. The financial payload that Richie promised him is on his mind. More than enough to retire from the police department.

Radio chatter.

The officers almost jump back.

"Report," Russo commands.

"It's nothing. A man just spilled a slurpie on my shoes. Had to shoo him away when he tried to apologize."

He sighs. "Alright. Approaching the target now."

He motions a male officer to open the door.

The lever goes down with a black pistol ready for Marco.