Rock Bottom

For the next month, Bianca's men along with Seamus and Vladimir's scour NY and NJ for the traitors on the list. Death by gunfire. Chopped into pieces. The crematorium was kept busy with bodies to burn.

While her men were busy avenging her honor, Bianca refused to get out of the bed in Marco's beach condo. Miguel cuddled her body while stroking her arms through her recent loss. Luis stayed close by to deliver medicine and food for them.

The first week was hell for Bianca Petali. Her silky hair frizzled into a mess. Her skin hadn't seen a warm shower or bath for several days. Tears wouldn't stop flowing from her emeralds. Wails of agony left her lips.

Her mind replayed the last moments between her and her daughter. The dream of them becoming a family with Isabella fell apart. Sleep was impossible until Miguel hummed a lullaby. She would sleep over 10 hours a day from the emotional sickness eating away at her.

He took action into taking care of her shoulder wound and making sure she took a bath. He led her into the all-white bathroom and disrobed her with care. Her body shuddered from the warmth that touched her skin. Part of her wished to stay in it forever.

He scrubbed her arms and body clean before joining her in the tub. His arms wrapped around her. Soft kisses on her shoulder before drying her off for new clothes.

He cooked food that was only eaten by one. He offered a small portion, but she only took a nibble. Her stomach growled for more but shrank to his concern. He placed a bowl of dry cereal on her nightstand to encourage her. He turned the TV on as background noise. Anything to uplift her mind.

She wanted to tell him what happened but found no strength in what to say. She felt his kindness was undeserved. She's no longer the strong woman that he loved. More self-hatred added to the pile.

The second week, he found his rib was healing from the medicine regimen. His breaths were no longer shallow. He told Bianca who didn't respond to his words.

She got out of bed for the first time in a while. Her feet took her to the couch in the living room. She wrapped herself in a blanket, leaving no room for Miguel to cuddle her.

When he tried to massage her feet, she kicked him away. Yelling at him to leave her alone. Regret filled her voice.

He listened and gave her some space to sleep. Bianca felt another blanket draped over her. A soft kiss on her head that he still loved her. Heavy tears accompanied her sleep...

The distant look in her darkened green irises concerned him. He held her by the shoulders.

"Mi amor, would you like to see someone?"

She forced his hands down and away. "I'm not weak like you!"

Shame and regret had her cover her mouth.

He took her hand and kissed it. "You aren't weak. Strength is admitting you need help."

She stepped away with guilt driving her feet. "I...don't deserve you. I'm not appreciating your help."

He spun her around. "You don't have to say it."

"Miguel Torres, I order you to leave. The rat has been taken care of. I no longer need your services."

"Well, I refuse to leave."

Her heart rattled. "I ordered you!"

"That's not you speaking. That's your-"

"Shut up! I'm a horrible person. My own daughter hates me. And you will hate me too!"

"I will never stop loving you."