Concrete

A few hours before the auction...

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

Within his car, the burgundy crocodile leather shoes refused to wait another second longer. Especially near a construction zone in a neighborhood he found beneath him. Fortunately, his assigned bodyguard was keeping the car going.

Jia's fiancé in a grey suit and blue tie called her several times. He threatens in Cantonese to "take care" of her secret lover if she doesn't show up within ten minutes. And that he will get a child out of her, whether she likes it or not.

A text notified him that she's stuck in traffic. And to leave her lover out of this. 

{Please, stop. You're scaring me.}

He called her only to receive a text back. He pushed back his bangs to calm himself. If he struck Jia, Xianmao would have his head. Power within his grasp that he couldn't risk. He decided to leave a call excusing his earlier behavior.

"We don't have to have a kid if you don't want one," he stated so sweetly that it hurts.

Little did he know, that he wasn't messaging Jia directly. A group of people had their eyes on him.

Including the rat who owed Jian a favor. He adjusted his Yankees cap while wearing a mask to conceal everything but his eyes. Two fingers rose up and motioned ahead.

Sirens. Red and blue lights flashing.

The fiance looked back and cursed this day. At least his driver would take care of the conversation. A man in a blue uniform approached the driver's side with a hand on his holster.

He taps the driver's side. "Sir, are you aware you can't park here?"

"There's no sign for that. I'm-"

"Sir, no need to be argumentative!"

The driver was bewildered and bit his tongue before speaking. "I will move t-"

"You can't do that either. Your taillight is broken. I need to write you a ticket. Are you the owner of this vehicle?"

"I work for my client who's in the back. He's--"

"May I speak to him then? His name will be on the ticket."

"Let me get you his-"

The officer pulls out his gun. "Are you reaching for a weapon?!"

The loud, stunning question angered the future Triad boss.

He stepped out of the vehicle. "Listen, here!"

The gun is pointed at him. "Whoa, sir! Get back in the vehicle!"

"Don't you know who I am?!"

The gun clicks. "Get back in the vehicle!"

"I am Xianmao's future son-in-law. I can call her and she will explain everything!"

The gun lowered right away. "You are?"

He couldn't help but smile. "I am. I will be marrying her precious Jia soon."

"Good to know."

The officer jammed a hidden needle into the driver's neck! The driver tried to fight him off.

"Stop resisting!" Bang! Bang!

Jia's fiance ducked behind the vehicle from the sudden moment. His head is pulled back before being slammed into the back of his car. His hands were forced behind him.

"Don't you fuckin' move!"

The handcuffs click. "You have the right to remain silent."

"You bastards will be rotting-"

His head bounced off the trunk again. His vision jarred for a moment. Duct tape stretched before placing it over his mouth. The man in blue who killed his driver was dragging the man into the construction zone....with him being forced in as well. A masked officer placed a "Work Zone is Active" sign to dissuade those from coming close.

The rat sighed. At least we will be even. Orchidea will go down next.

The man in the elegant suit tried to wrestle his way out. Muffled screams that no one will ever hear again. They take him to an unfinished area where hot concrete was still solidifying. They confiscated his wallet and phone before throwing him.

A heavy thud followed by a muffled scream. His face burned from the chemical reaction. His nose was invaded by the caustic smell. His eyes begged for what he did to deserve this.

The rat came forward and tapped a police officer to bring the charges forward.

"For the future attempt of rape and evidence of emotional harm, you are sentenced to death. Say hello to the Devil for us."

The officer cleared his throat before spitting on his face. The rat turned on the concrete mixer. Grey sludge hit his legs. It melted through his expensive pants, causing him to squirm. He continued to scream while the others looked on.

He tried to raise his head up to fight for oxygen, but it was pointless. He will die with Orchidea's group looking down on him. He threw slurs at the Italians, but they mocked him with a hand to their ears. They threw in his driver so he wouldn't be alone.

The pressure intensified. Like another dead man was thrown on top of him. Not too long before the side of his face touched the concrete. Moving his face tore off skin, causing even more agony. The grey sludge entered his right nostril. He couldn't blow it out. It continued to enter....

The unfinished area was now complete. No evidence of lumps in sight. The rat takes a picture and sends it to Jian.

{We are now even. Good luck with Panda}

He motioned with his fingers to get rid of the car. The officers took it to one of Orchidea's chop shops and they knew what to do. Getting rid of blood and any brain matter was no issue. The car was severed with surgical precision.

The rat rushed to his apartment to get changed for the auction. Although he couldn't do anything, he could observe his boss. Acting too soon will have her unload bullets through his plan. A plan he had scrambled together since Orchidea robbed him of future profits.

He was dealing with professionalism in the cocaine game before she upended everything. She only got in this position because of her dead husband who would never be this weak. He would have kept things going no matter what happened to his daughter. That bitch is too soft.

He gets into one of the accompanying vehicles to escort her to the silent auction. They enter as one as their boss struts down to meet the hostess.

God is counting down the remainder of your life, Signora Orchidea. And I am his bullet. But first, El Segador will fall before you.