Telephone Game

Tears drop before an open casket. An Italian woman grips her late husband's hand with all of her being. Her 10-year-old son embraces her tightly while looking at his father. Bianca and her men are in attendance to pay respects to Tomasso and the men who fell that day. Her black dress and stockings cover everything to be appropriate for the occasion.

She hopes her plan with Miguel will work. Before they entered the funeral home, she had her men give up their phones to "be respectful to Tomasso's family. The phones will be returned afterwards."

They put their phones in a basket without hesitation from her order. She places the basket under a table. Miguel hunches his shoulders over to play off the punishment she gave him. The men almost shake that the professional killer couldn't escape her punishment.

While the service goes underway, Miguel places his phone next to Alejandro's. He utilizes a program that allows him to "copy" the phone's messages and calls for anything out of the ordinary. The phone reflects a notification that the cloning is complete.

He goes through his own phone to check through it. No unusual messages that he sees. Just plans to meet his son for a baseball game. Nothing unusual with the contact list.....until he checks the call log.

Several calls from a phone number he doesn't recognize. He looks up the number which connects to a five-star Chinese restaurant named the Lazy Panda.....that belongs to Xianmao. 

He thinks of pulling his gun and killing Alejandro in a secluded place, but he needs more proof. Killing the wrong person would lead the real rat to take out Orchidea. And who knows how many of them are involved.  

He saves the number to his phone to contact later. He clones Richie's phone to find nothing. No unusual calls nor messages. However.....

Richie might have a burner phone. Same with the others, but let me check.....

The only suspicious phone was Alejandro's. At least he knows where to look next when Bianca is safe at home.

He returns to the room while monitoring over the men. Once he gets proof, he will make the nightmare of El Segador a reality for those responsible. He checks on Bianca from a distance. Despite no tears coming down her face, her emerald eyes express sympathy for Tomasso's wife.

Just like she did to him, he also researched her. Losing her ex in front of her eyes must have changed everything for her. They said Orchidea was born that same day.

Part of him wants to hold her hand to give her strength to last through the settling memories. But he glues his feet to where he is standing. He must keep things professional until she's safe. Once she is, he plans to leave elsewhere for a new life.

His heart thuds loudly to argue against that idea. He walks away from the idea of staying with the Petali Organization when it's all taken care of. Her survival rate would lower if he continued to stay.

"It's okay."

Her voice turns him around. She's embracing the widow while rubbing her back.

The widow latches onto her to make sure she doesn't fall. After some time, she wipes her tears with a handkerchief and hands her an envelope.

"The expenses are already taken care of. This is for you and your son. No strings attached."

"I-I can't."

"Tomasso would have wanted this."

The widow's hand trembles before taking it from her.

"Signora?"

She turns her head down to the young boy.

"May I join you when I grow up?"

"Son, no!"