Meeting Pt 2

Silence fills the room from Signora Orchidea's announcement.

"Sean, is my hearing off or am I drunk?" Seamus breaks the silence.

"You're just as sober as I am."

"What is da meaning of this?"

Xianmao and Jian stay silent.

Orchidea sighs from having to repeat herself. "I'm selling off all shares of my cocaine. I will split it all among you here for a combined price. Suppliers, storage units, ships, you name it. I will still deal in weapons and other areas, except this," she taps her index finger on the folder.

"Did something happen?" The Irish boss asks her.

She forces her body to remain still. "I saw my community suffering and I refuse for that to continue."

Vladimir stands up. "Bullshit! You just don't want to take the fall if it goes wrong!"

"Believe what you want. I have no time for ulterior motives. Are you stupid enough to not take advantage of this offer? The large rewards will outweigh the fee you will have to pay in the long run. The total comes out to over $5 billion and you will only have to pay $1 billion all together. That's $333,333.33 each."

The small figure stumps the others. They stare at her as if it's all a big joke. Alejandro confirms with a nod that it's all true.

"You do realize that you may be left behind?" The Panda questions. Dealing in both heroin and cocaine would ramp up profits for the Triad to continue for several centuries. Jian understands as well, but keeps his mouth shut to avoid angering his boss. 

The mafiosa calmly puts away the documents and black book into the briefcase. She stands up and places her hands on the table. "You have until next week to make your decision. Bring the money if you want to take part in it."

She walks away with her head held high with Alejandro behind her. Her "arrogance" didn't go unnoticed.

She gets into her limo with Alejandro who keeps a hand under his jacket. The driver turns his head to the mirror.

"How did it go?" The clean faced man with the neat pompadour asks while driving away.

"They're shocked to say the least," Alejandro tells him.

"Luis, let's go the long way."

He understands. With what's in the briefcase, targets are on their back. Luis drives off followed by the rest of her armed henchmen for protection. Luis' honey-brown switches from mirror to mirror while making turns onto different streets to get back to New Jersey. Alejandro relaxes his grip on the gun after getting further away from the concrete jungle.

She takes her phone and calls off the protection to not arouse suspicion.

Luis takes an exit to a small town to throw off any followers. Orchidea doesn't question his decision. He earned his experience from driving her and her late husband around.

The town of Fort Lee, NJ is quiet with painted orange leaves flying around. A couple walking down the sidewalk brings up the reminder that Vladimir was right. She had no one else to come home to. Ever since her husband's passing, she closed her heart off to assume his duties. To her, it was the right move to keep her daughter safe.

Beautiful blues, crimsons, oranges, whites, yellows, and pinks get in her vision. A small flower shop named Peter's Flowers.

"Luis, stop here. I will be right back."

"Do you need-"

She lifts her suit jacket to reveal her Smith and Wesson 19 revolver. Alejandro stands outside to keep watch as she enters the building.