Declaration

A few hours later.....

{It's done}

The message from Jian almost makes Xianmao smile.

{And how is Jia?}

....{She's still calling her}

Her fingers tap the screen.....{Keep me posted if she makes any action}

{I will}

She doesn't even thank him for accomplishing the task. She gets under the covers of her bed with her unsheathed cane sword in hand. A routine she carried since she became the Triad boss.

Her eyelids close with peace that things are going her way. Every important thing has been set neatly to launch Jia into her predestined role.

-----

The ends of the red and black hanfu flow with each step of the Triad boss. Her hair arranged in a raised bun to reflect her elegant age. Yuxan opens the door of the Lazy Panda for his employer.

The new hostess with hair tied up in the ox hairs style bows her head and compliments her outfit.

"Thank you, Ai."

She twiddles her thumbs. "My-My....name is Ming."

Her cane stops in place. Her hard eyes freeze the young victim in her spot. "What happened to Ai?"

Ming's fear doesn't allow her feet to shuffle. "W-Wo bu zhidao. Duibuqi. Wo shi xin lai de." (I-I don't know. Forgive me. I'm new)

Xianmao sighs. "Oh well. I will be in my office. Don't bother me unless it's important."

"Y-Yes, madame."

As soon as her boss leaves her sight, Ming slowly exhales through her nose. The door opens, forcing her to transition back into her role.

"Hello, welcome to Lazy Panda. How many today?"

Meanwhile, Xianmao sits at her desk to update the employee payroll. After finding out that Ai's last missed shift was weeks ago during her brief hiatus, she checks the camera footage to find any reason why she had left.

Leaving my restaurant without a good reason is equivalent to death, Ai.

A pattern forms in her mind. Every other week, the entrance door would briefly open. Ai would get someone to take over and be back in less than an hour. However, her usually tidy hair would have some hairs out of place. A wider smile on her face.

The crafty Triad boss figures it out. She found love and left me for him.

She sends some men to "check" Ai's address.......

The stuffing of the couch cushions litters the floor. Drawers pulled out for any clue of where she could be. Nothing to be found. Her clothes and belongings were nowhere in sight. Not even a framed photo to suggest a place in mind.

They leave the apartment as is and report back to her. Her cane trembles from the anger. Who does she think she is?!

She tells her men to leave the office right away. She unsheathes her cane sword. Raising it up, she lays a few cuts into the back of her desk. The numerous marks of wrath on the table enjoy its new allies.

She regulates her breathing to maintain a form of control-

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

She picks up her landline phone that works within the restaurant. The red lighting highlights it's coming from the hostess stand.