Spar

Miguel breaks the kiss from Michelle. Before she can say anything, her eyes widen with fright.

A hand clamps down on his shoulder to spin him around-

Gagging!

The beefy man who was going to throw a sucker punch at Miguel is gasping for air. A simple throat punch with his fingers brought him down to his knees. The sudden noise brings attention from the others.

"Derek, just stop!" Michelle yells at him while getting behind Miguel.

His nostrils flare at her for her "betrayal." He stumbles back up on his slender legs for a tackle but is stopped by a gun poking him on the left side of the ribs.

"Make another move. They won't say who killed you," Bianca threatens him with an unforgiving stare.

Derek sees her men, Seamus, and Vladimir giving him that same look while brandishing their guns.

"I-I'm sorry. He was kissing my girl."

"I'm-I'm not your girl anymore since you cheated!" Michelle finds her voice to stand up for herself.

Derek's neck vein pulses, but he stops himself from yelling. His eyes glare at Michelle, wanting to hurt her. His eyes turn to hopelessness as an empty brown stare haunts him. A bottomless pit of corpses in the masked man's eyes.

"I-I will leave right now."

"Go right ahead with my men," while keeping her gun pointing towards him. Alejandro and Richie escort him outside. His steps staggering from his final mistake. Bianca and the others put their guns away.

"Sorry about that everyone! Your safety is a priority for me and I hope you will all enjoy yourselves. In fact, a round of whatever drink you want on me," her sweet tone comes back.

Some of the buzzed patrons cheer and the energy is brought back.

She notices El Segador's eyes gazing upon her with that dimpled smile she missed. Her heart collides with her sternum from taking him down to the flo-

"I'm so sorry about my ex, ma'am," Michelle interrupts her thoughts. Her head faces down in shame for what he did.

"It's not your fault. He doesn't deserve you after what he did. I do want to let you know one thing." She points at Miguel." He is off limits since he's my personal assistant."

"I-I didn't know."

"Let's sit down and relax for a bit."

The trio sits down in a booth away from the music. Michelle's body trembles from the experience. Something warm is draped around her shoulders. The tan jacket of the masked man.

"You're safe, Michelle. He won't hurt you again. Take slow, deep breaths," he speaks gently to calm her.

They come out shaky, but he breathes with her to establish a pattern. 

Another layer to this wonderful man, Bianca thinks while daydreaming about what their life could be.

Michelle is still trembling, but not as bad as before. "Thanks. Oh, shit! He's my ride home. Let me call-"

"Do you live together?" Bianca interrupts.

Michelle nods her head with sadness. "His apartment."

Bianca shoots a message to her henchmen. Five minutes later, Alejandro comes back with a set of car keys with an apartment key on the latch. With his left hand, he hands it to Michelle.

"W-What about Derek?"

"Turns out he has a warrant. We will keep him until the police shows up. We will handle everything from there," Alejandro hides his right hand that's covered in blood.