Final Night Pt 2

Techno music pounds louder than a jackhammer. Jian and Eyun enjoy their time at the bar while their men in black suits keep watch.

Eyun downs another shot of 110-proof vodka as part of his ritual with Jian joining in. Jian "gives up" after several shots burning in his veins while the duelist continues. Fu takes small sips of vodka to get used to the overpowering taste.

"Great recommendation for the bar!" Eyun yells over the music.

"Thanks! It's my go to spot! Oh, is my sister okay? I haven't--"

Eyun pats his shoulder. "Your sister is fine! Boss taught her some management skills for the restaurant and even something fun!"

His raising eyebrows ask for clarification.

"Don't worry! She didn't kill anyone."

The answer doesn't relieve him. "Then?"

"She did see a shakedown take place. Poor thing almost vomited from what we did to Chao. But she's of her grandmother's blood so she will get used to it."

Jian's grip on the glass makes a crack appear that he hides away. This explained why he had felt ill earlier.

"How much money?"

"Almost thousands that he skimmed off the top. Madame Xianmao noticed that the numbers weren't matching up."

Jian stifles a laugh from coming out. He had warned his grandmother that Chao was allegedly doing this, but she never listened. Still, the thought of his sister witnessing something so horrible....

"And Jia will never see that guy again. We made sure of that."

"Of course."

Eyun places a hand on his shoulder and leans in. "And you will get to retire after tomorrow."

"Retire?"

"I just thought my brother-in-law should know. Your grandmother will buy out your operations in exchange for you leaving her life. Jia will be just fine without you."

Jian fights himself from cracking the glass over his head. Just wait. Just wait. 

Eyun grabs the bottle and pours himself and Jian a shot. "A toast! To celebrate new lives!"

The future phoenix kills the scowl that was going to appear on his face. The combined 12 members of Eyun and Jian stand up straight from the unexpected visitors. 

Luis, Marco, and Diego saunter into the club with blank expressions.

Eyun waves the trio over. "Let them have fun for tonight. Their boss is as good as dead tomorrow."

Diego enters Eyun's personal space, but the proud Chinese man refuses to step back. "Ah! El Segador's friend. Diego?" He asks while the music dies down.

"The one and only."

"Just want you to know that my victory is just business. Nothing personal."

Diego's fingers twitch. "Who's to say it won't turn personal when it's done?"

The death dealer laughs above the music. "I did my research on you. Great shot from far away, but what about close range?"

Diego chuckles before stopping. "You wouldn't want me right here."

The veiled threat stops Eyun's laughter. The lifeless look in his eyes returns. "I guess we will see tomorrow. You all should be spending more time with your boss before she dies."

Luis smiles. "We did and there will be many more moments to come."

Eyun's thin eyebrows narrow together. "Don't make promises you can't keep."