Between Us Lap 10

Lap 10- Face the World...

NIPSEY:::::::::

I headed to the studio but had a change of heart at the last minute. Instead,  I met up with T.  After
she blew my phone up multiple times.

Whasssup I said as I pulled up next to her car.

T.

She gets out and says hey Ermias.

Yo T what's wrong?

She look's distracted ummmm how is the marriage going? You guys look happy but I need the truth. Is she good to you, to Emani? 

Yeah, she treats her amazing, Tanisha. Clothes, hair, learning, feeding all the things plus more of what my mom and Sammy do.

He shows her several pictures of them together. Emani beaming in each one.

She smiles, you picked well.

Thanks. I said folding my arms.

She says pop your trunk so I can put her things in there.

Woah T what's going on?

She unpacks her car quietly into his.

Tanisha, get in your car...

He does.

She hands him a folder of all of Emani's documentation.  Take care of our girl Ermias. She's special. Tell Lauren, thank you. I  appreciate her and congratulations on your new bundle.

Tanisha...

She holds up her hand. I'm not well Ermias that's all i really want to disclose about it.  Take care she leans in the car kissing his cheek...

A pap catches that  and then Tanisha pulling off.....

//:......LAUREN.......//

the first night Hussle is supposedly at the studio and he lies!!!! Wtf!

He didn't come in until 4 in the morning and when he did he woke me up........crying.

I had seen the picture so i didn't
Know if these tears were admission of guilt or what.

I turned the lights on Ermias what's the deal? I saw the picture of you....

She's dead....

Woah, what?!!!  Who?

He sobbed harder Tanisha ....

Emani's mom is dead.

He cried harder and Lauren comforted him... I'm sorry very sorry for
Your loss Ermias....

For 5 days he was a total zombie going through the motions while Lauren took on the reigns....

Lauren helped plan and sent an arrangement to the funeral home. She purchased his suit and Emani's dress. Fixed their hair for funeral. She had a pendant made for Emani  with her mother's picture. A small bear with both their names to put in the casket.

She was now 3 and didn't understand the gravity of the day.

Nipsey looked distracted he wanted to ask Lauren to go but it seemed like a reach...

She walks over to him and kissed his lips and Emani on her head.  You'll be fine. Blacc is going with you.

Here is a card from the family. The funeral home has been paid.  Flowers and transport for her family. She looks them over once again.  Emani's baby diamonds sparkle in her ears.

Dinner will be ready when you all come home. I know it's hard Ermias, but Emani needs you to be strong for her. She goes to him opening his suit jacket and putting her arms around him, squeezing tightly. I love Ermias. She reached up kissing him on his shirt where his heart was.

A former heart string had been broken and it hurt. She was hoping  her love was helping.

Blacc knocked on the door we should leave soon.

Nipsey looks at Lauren and  touched the side of her face with his hand in a silent plea before kissing her lips...

She pulls back...okay Ermias.

Once dressed everyone piles in the car they leave.

At the funeral... they pay their respects to the family and see the service turns out  beautifully. Nipsey clutches Lauren's hand the entire time. Emani crawling into her lap when people tried to touch her. Lauren rubs her back as they exit. Nipsey and Blacc on either side.

They leave the burial about 30
Minutes later...

Blacc drives and Nipsey sits in the back with Lauren and Emani who has fallen asleep.

He pulls her hand to his mouth and kissed it.  Thank you, I really needed you today and you showed up for me in an uncomfortable situation. I'm sorry for my selfishness!

"Hey" you've shown up for me sooooo many times. She presses her lips against his, I love you more than anything and don't you forget it....