Between Us Lap 4

Lap 4- Am I gonna make it

As Nip and Samantha pulled up to the block.
They noticed it was taped off...cops at her address fire trucks as black smoke billowed.

Nipsey felt sick inside... He didn't see anyone on the crowded sidewalk that looked like,Boog.

Samantha rubs his arm think positive They park a block back and sneak under the tape to blend in with the crowd.

An ambulance blared in the other direction....As they got closer, they saw an older lady crying. Nip pushed Sam to ask.

Mrs. Gilly they just put the young lady that lives here in the ambulance... she was unconscious in the car... Her house was set on fire...

Samantha rubbed her back and said omg...

She went to Cedars Sinai Mrs. Gilly offered.
Samantha thank you for your help, her boyfriend was worried. Mrs. Gilly looked up horrified. Kobe????
He was probably the one who did this to her house she whispers. Something ain't right about that one. He used to beat her. I head the screams...

Samantha say what??? Trying to control her expression after she was told he was still on the loose.

Ermias, Samantha started...she could see he was nervous. We going to Cedars...

Samantha makes light work of the 20 minute ride.. They park and he lets Samantha do the talking.

They ride the elevator and he looks like worried as hell. Who the fuck would do this!!!

Sam looked away..

"Sam, umm you know something...?"

The elevator doors parted. She pulls out of his reach concerned about Lauren.

They make it to her room only to be stopped by the doctor.

Samantha blurted out she's alive right?

Dr. Davenport- yes and you are??

Samantha her sister in law.

The Dr. Looks over at Nipsey. He looked ominous dressed in all blue, 3 of 5 thick gold chains showing.

Nipsey cleared his throat can we see her?

The doctor nodded.

Lauren had an oxygen mask on and an IV
Her eyes was closed the machine working hard. The nurse comes in to take vitals.. she is friendly and tells that Lauren had been awake when she arrived at the hospital and not to worry too much. The oxygen treatment should clear it up.

Nipsey was that her only injury?

Nurse yes sir, your wife should be good as new she winked.

Samantha smiled and looked at Lauren. How long will they keep her?

Nurse as soon as her level are normal, they will discharge her.

Sam left to get food and gave strict orders to not let anyone in without getting it cleared with her brother first.

..............
LAUREN - In a dream state
................

I know it was stupid to try and save things after realizing the house was on fire. But I did manage to escape with two big bags and my car. I made it across the street, my bags in the trunk. I was about to call Nipsey when I started coughing like crazy. I couldn't stop and from what the paramedics say, I passed out and was slumped in the front seat.

I was hoping someone would be able to call him and tell him Your girlfriend is at the hospital. I tried to stay awake as long as i could but 10 minutes and an oxygen mask was A a lot to work with. I hope he can find me, or I wake up soon. Ugh, i probably smell like smoke.

::::::::::End Dream sequence:::::

Nipsey held tightly to her hand kissing it occasionally hoping she would wake up happy to see him.

Quite the opposite happened. 10 people ran in upon hearing her screams!

Dr. Davenport please step out sir!!!

Nipsey Hell no I ain't leaving her.

Nurse from earlier pulls him gently behind her even though he glared at her! It's okay she soothed... they just need to look her Nipsey. He calmed a little and Samantha rubbed his back.

Nipsey ya'll better save her!!!

15 minutes of preliminaries and all the coats filed out.

The nurse calls Nipsey into the hall. The doctors surround him made him feel uneasy...

"Give it to me straight, my lady gonna make It?"

Before they could answer Sam
Opens the door. "She's asking for you"

Nip slips back through the door trading places with Sammie.

Nipsey takes off his hat and leans in to kiss Boog.. Girl you had my ass scared
1/2 to death.

She sniffles then giggle not you killa...
Nipsey- Hushed her with another kiss you know what I'm killing when you're up for it.

Lauren doc, check please.

They both giggle kissing again.

Thank you for coming, not sure how
You found me.

Nipsey don't worry about that miss lady... I ain't leaving til you do.

The doctor comes in.

Tomorrow morning you'll be free to go.
You'll follow up with in 24 hours with the pulmonologist. No smoking or being in the presence of and plenty of fluids.

They are alone again.

Lauren why you staring at me like that???

Nipsey smiled it ain't nothing. He was grateful the man above kept the love of his life alive.

They put the nasal cannula back in for more oxygenation.

Samantha peeks in getting his attention: 12 on the way.

Nipsey asks Lauren for her car keys.
Gonna take it to my mom house. She pulls him down and whispered in his ear. Take the bags out the trunk in your house...

Nipsey okay.. kisses her passing the cops one eyed him hard and Samantha wave blowing a kiss. He blushed.

They make it to her car trailing behind each other. Nipsey infuriated looking at Lauren's White house scorched and charred parts on the roof damaged heavily.

Sam don't do nothing stupid.

Nipsey Samantha tell me what you know....

He is listening to her and about to text one of his boys, Lauren's pops up on his screen but disappears quickly.

Nipsey let's go Sammy....
So