Between Us Lap 5

Lap 5- That's how I knew

Nipsey had been calling back since Lauren called to no avail. It went straight to voicemail.

His heart was racing.....

Samantha calm down, Nip. They gonna kick  us out.

He walked off the elevator straight into her room.

Lauren wasn't in the bed and Nipsey flipped
"Where is my wife"

"Wife"  a female  said???

Samantha who are you and where is
Lauren ?

Both she and Nipsey eyed the woman curiously.

The room door opens and  transport pushes Lauren in a wheelchair. Everyone turns their attention to her.

The woman spoke first Lauren Nicole London  I know you didn't get married and didn't tell your own mother.

Lauren says mom this is Ermias and Samantha his sister. Mom this is my family.

Her mother  looked irritated.  He looks like A....

Lauren exits the wheelchair and says like a stand up man mom. Like the one that took care of me when Kobe tried to attack me!!

Her mother grimaced Lauren come to your senses this is hardly your family... you ran away from us to chase your dreams. Seems as if you're failing in your every category.

Good luck to you with whatever  you call happiness. She excuses herself.

Lauren goes in the bathroom  and Nip knocks softly. She cracks the door  and Samantha steps outside hearing her mom talk wreck less about her brother.

She's quiet recording on her phone.
She had been friends with Lauren since the second day she came to LA  6 months ago and never heard her mention her mother and now she knew why....

Obviously she had money  but she wasn't a snob about it.

-///NIPSEY////-
————————

Hey I say in a low calm voice, ticking her chin. A tear slides down.  I kiss it away. This
girl had been catching hell since I had met her. Boog, look at me. I'm not going
nowhere unless you want me too baby, you hear me?

Lauren nodded slowly

I told her to use her voice. She had
Defended me to her mom and i wanted keep reinforcing I'd do the same for her. I didn't care if she had a penny to her name, she had been more loyal to me than some niccas I rolled with.

She touched my face and kissed. I hear you baby loud and clear.  I'm ready to leave, I have to find a place...

Slow down miss lady, you can come home
with me recover a little bit and then ... we'll see. He kissed her forehead.

Lauren i don't want to be a burden .

Oh you mean like I was the other
Night??? Come on let's get you back in bed. 

I help her get comfortable and the nurse
Comes in with Sam.

She says one last round of vitals...

Sam motions Nip over.  They whisper to
each other and he steps to the nurses desk asking for Lauren's Bill. The nurse obliged.  He makes a phone call and has the money wired to him end then he pays. He stuff the receipt in the pocket and talks to the doc about about a midnight release....

At exactly midnight she is released to
Samantha and Nip. Her labs and X rays cleared. Emergency call numbers on standby.... 

She slept in the backseat against Nipsey's chest while Sam drove.  He pulled the blanket around her and kissed the top
Of her head. Love you baby.

-///////LAUREN//////::
——————————-

My throat still scratched from all the coughing I did. Nipsey made me a nice tea to help.  I drank it after I showered and grabbed his gown sized t shirt he left in the bed.

Samantha had gone to bed and Nip was in the shower. I grabbed my phone end scrolled
Through the messages.

...... Next time I ain't gonna be so nice....

Nip-What you looking at so intensely ? 

Lauren jumps and contemplates showing him. She knew he was hot headed and didn't need this drama.

Nothing just some mail.

She puts her phone on the nightstand  come
Get in the bed.

—————-

She is in bed alone in the morning and when she goes in the bathroom there were strict
Instructions....

LAUREN,

Samantha and Sam are going to you to your aftercare appointment.  Gotta handle some business. Come straight back for lunch.

- Nipsey

Pouting she made up the bed.  She put her bags to the side and grabbed for her phone.
It was face down last night, but not anymore.

Lauren raced down the steps Samantha where did he go.

Samantha don't know Hussle does what he wants and not what he's told.  Let's go we gonna be late.

When they came back Nip still wasn't there, but a few hours later he came home with blood on his shirt. Lauren was upstairs
So she didn't see it but Sam did.

Boy did take that dirty shit off.... He put it in the washer with bleach.

Lauren came down babyyy.

Nip looked at Sam told you she wants me.

They all laugh....

Breaking news...... the suspect in the palisades arson case has been arrested according to multiple sources Kobe Jackson surrendered himself to authorities after being found badly beaten  not too far away. No suspects charged other than Jackson.

Nip oooh they caught that motherfuccer.....