43:Them!!

Steven gasped first. "Aqua and Pastel!" He cheered. "Aqua and who?" Lapis looked over to see a now unfused Labradorite. "Oh."

Labradorite's two counterparts looked over to Lapis and smiled. "I don't believe we've met, hello!" Pastel waved. "I'm Pastel and this is my partner, Aqua, we make up Labradorite, pleasure to meet you." Pastel stuck out her hand for Lapis to shake.

Lapis only stared at the hand, making Pastel pull away. "Right. Not a contact gem. It's understandable, really." Pastel said, before clearing her throat awkwardly. "Anyways like Labradorite said, we have a plan!" Aqua started happily before telling the plan to everyone else.

"But what about your uhm...predicament..." Pearl said, pointing out  the two's stuck together elbow. "I mean you could hide the placment of your fusing or... We could try and... hack... it off."

There was silence at Pearl's proposal of sawing off the two's stuck together elbow. "Alright everyone stand back." Pearl spoke, summoning her spear and raised it. As Pearl was about to slam it down on the two's attached elbow, something that sounded metal made contact with the spear. Pearl opened her shut eyes at the contact, not expecting a sudden stop to her spear.

A ribbon. That's what stopped her spear. A ribbon. Pastel cleared her throat and wrapped said ribbon around the two's elbow and said a simple word. "Observe." Pastel said, clicking a simple button.

In a swift move Pastel forcefully tugged the ribbon down and sliced the two's elbow apart. Aqua rubbed her once fused elbow and smiled.

"Oh. Well, that's certainly an effective way to separate.' Pearl muttered, her spear disappearing into light. "Alright, time for plan A!" Aqua said, taking Pastels hand and flying out of the barn. "Remember our plan is to convince the Rubies we are the only gems here." Pastel reminded.

"Got it, gaslight them!" Aqua said with a determined glint in her eyes. "No, convince." Pastel said. "Gaslight, convince, same thing." Aqua smirked, glancing at the Pastel blue Pearl, who only sighed at her partners antics.

"No it's not, it's literally not-" Pastel was quickly cut off by Aqua who flew in mid air, putting her arm infront of Pastel. "Alright remember our roles." Aqua dropped her voice as they were closer to the rubies that before.

"I'm an Aquamarine sent by blue diamond to collect things about the environment, you are my trusty Pearl helping me collect things." Aqua recapped to Pastel who just rolled her eyes.

"Got it,  Aqua. Or should I say, 'My Aqua'" Pastel struck a ridiculous pose and batted her eyes to Aqua. "Please don't." Aqua cringed looking away, making Pastel chuckle and sigh.

Aqua cleared her throat and immediately got into character. "Hey! What are you Rubies doing here?" Aqua called, walking up to them with Pastel hot on her toes, holding her hands near her chest.

The Rubies looked over at the two and only two of five formed a diamond salute. Doc and Eyeball formed their arms into the diamond salute, straightening their posture.

"Who are you?" Leggy was the first to blurt out, tilting her head. "Yeah, and Why are you here?" Army asked, tilting her head and folding her arms.

Eyeball and Doc looked at the two like they just insulted the diamonds in an unredeamable way. "Pay Some respect!" Eyeball smacked Leggy's back.

"I'm very sorry, your Brilliance, they're newbies." Doc apologized, straightening her posture with an uneasy expression.

Aqua fake scoffed and brushed the Ruby off. "It's fine, some Rubies don't know about me." Aqua muttered, rolling her eyes and waving her hand disssmisively.
"Wait, I'm really confused, who-" Leggy was quickly cut off by someone sliding next to Navy.

"Hey-ey-ey! what are we all doing here?" A new Ruby spoke awkwardly, making the two gems look over at the new Ruby, quite dumbfounded. The silence was so loud as the Rubies looked at the newcomer.

"Yeah! What are we all doing here?" Leggy asked from her spot. "We're here to retrieve the leader of the earth mission!" Doc said through gritted teeth before realizing something. "Hey, wait a second." Doc squinting, Aqua face palmed as Pastel sighed quietly.

"It seems like there are more of us than usual." Doc accused. "There's supposed to be five of us." Navy mused. "Let me and my Pearl count!" Aqua blurted, flying up.

"We are notorious for our spot on accuracy." Aqua boasted to play her part and flew up to the ship that was stuck in the ground.

"Of course, your brilliance. It would be an honor!" Doc said stepping off the center of the ship for Aqua to land.

Aqua looked away from Doc and placed her hand over her gem, it seemed these Rubies never knew her fate. It was probably better that way...

Aqua cleared her throat and proceeded to count all five gems. "That looks like five to me." Aqua said, pointing to the five Rubies. Doc cleared her throat and chuckled.

"Oh well never mind, I seemed to be mistaken." Doc said as Aqua stepped off the ship, flying back to Pastel and landing at her feet, next to the profusely sweating Ruby.

"You're lucky the newer Rubies are more gullible than you think." Aqua whispered to the new Ruby. "Who are you anyways?" Pastel asked, looking over at the Ruby, who was also looking at her and Aqua.

"I'm Ruby." Aqua gave Ruby a mean side eye that basically said 'nah, duh.' For her. "From Garnet." Ruby whispered.

If Aqua could take back anything in her life, it'd be that side eye. Aqua and Pastel looked at eachother then at the Ruby. "O-okay..." Aqua sqeaking before looking back at the Rubies, keeping her fake facade on.

"The leader of the earth mission has to be around here somewhere." Doc announced, sending Ruby into another fit of fear so she blurted out: "W-Well, she's definitely not in that barn!" Aqua and Pastel smacked their face into their hand, sighing heavily.