71: hold on tight.

Labradorite froze, she couldn't move, she was what humans would call paralyzed.

she didn't move when Greg was approached. She didn't move when Greg approached Blue Diamond, the words they exchanged was no more than buzzing in her ears. She couldn't move when Greg was grabbed and taken. 

Greg. poor Greg, he was under the eyes of a murderer, trapped in the hand that was sure to kill or keep him. A murderer...
murder...

stars it hurt.
it stung...
it...

"Did you hear?"
"an Aquamarine with a pearl, how disgraceful."
"Embarrassing."
"Blasphemous."
disgraceful...
shameful...
vile.
Oh the words about crossfusion made Aqua's blood boil, seeming to seep over the top, by the indignant scowl on her face.
"That Aquamarine and Pearl should be ashamed of themselves."
Aquamarine and a Pearl...
Aquamarine.
Pearl.

Aqua. Pastel.

They were caught.

the moment it had clicked into Aqua's overwhelmed mind they were already at the doors of the court.

they couldn't run even if they tried.

their demise was inevitably going to be this.

Aqua shouldn't have been surprised.

--

it took a large gust of wind to take Labradorite off her feet and snap back to reality and realize Steven was falling. Labradorite finally aware of her body, launched forward and grabbed steven while he was still in the air.

"Labradorite!" Steven breathed before trying to wiggle himself out of Labradorite's arms before she had landed. "She- she took dad!" Steven said as Labradorite landed, but didn't let Steven go.

Steven tried to move only to pause as he felt a cold liquid drip onto his head. Labradorite was still crying.
"Labradorite..?"
"Steven, I-I'm so-"
Labradorite tried to speak only to get cut off.

"Steven!"  Garnet whizzed infront of Labradorite gently taking the boy from the crying gems arms.

"I'm sorry you shouldn't have come." Garnet stumbles over her words as Steven talked with the fusion.

the talking turned to nothing but ringing in Labradorite's ears. Her breathing was irregular and she gripped her gem. she didn't even need to breath, the thought barely even registered in her mind as memories clouded her mind.

"how vile, one of us would stoop so low."

Labradorite stared into the cunning eyes of a shadow. short and stubby, but nonetheless imposing on her peace of mind.

"I trusted you, you know?"
"You were the last one I'd expect to rebel."
Labradorite feels herself  try to speak, to defend herself, anything, but is quickly shut down.
"no. I don't listen to vile rebel's like you."

Vile...
Vile..
Vile.

such a cruel word.
Vile. and yet, Labradorite could hear gems hissing the word at her, them, as she walked to her execution.