7: onions...other friend?

Onion closed the door to his room. "Uh... cool shopping cart." Steven said attempting to compliment the child's decor. He ran to his bed, making Steven gasp, as he jumped on the trampoline by his bed onto it, Steven gasped louder as he saw what was on the bed.

"A GEM!"

He hollered, falling in his back, making the pale blue gem look at him, instead of the child jumping in front them. As Steven freaked out, he didn't notice the extra pair of arms and eyes, but the lack of two gems on her body, all the tween knew was that that's a gem and gems apart from his family are bad.

A mouse jumped on top of the boy, making him calm a little bit down to this situation. "Awe, heh, you have a cute little mouse roommate." The mouse jumped off the boy and ran near a cardboard box.

Onion watched and jumped down from the bed, capturing the mouse in his hands. Onion walked over to a dark enclosure and Labradorite flew down next to the toddler, taking a slim switch into her blue hand. "Oh isn't that a bit big for a little-"

Labradorite clicked the light on, reveling a snake wrapping in a ball.

"S-SNAKE!?" Steven yelped, his eyes wide with apprehension. Onion placed the mice in Steven's hands and pushed him toward the enclosure, pointing to the mouse then the snake.

"You want me to give the snake little mousey!?" Steven held the mouse close to his chest, looking at the snake again. "I-I can't!" Steven shouted, Onion shrugged taking the mouse back and looked next to him to the blue gem.

Onion held the mouse out to Labradorite, pointing to the cage again. Labradorite nodded, taking the Mouse in her hands, and dropping the mouse in the enclosure with a smile.

Onion and Labradorite watched with keen eyes, while Steven could bare to watch, using his hand as a barrier from the cage as the snake swallowed the mouse whole. After a few minutes of snake watching, Onion moves away from the enclosure to a cardboard box, in the corner of his room.

Steven looked away from the enclosure over to Onion and Labradorite who immediately took to his side aiding him to find whatever the boy was looking for.

After a few seconds of digging in the box, Onion pulled out a VHS tape. Labradorite immediately took it as a sign to turn off the lights in the room, leaving it dark.

Shadows crawled up the walls as Onion walked up to the Television, slipping the VHS in the slot, and pressing the play button. Onion gave Steven the VHS case.

" 'happy birthday Onion'?" Steven read, realizing a few seconds later. "Wait is this of you being born?!" Steven covered his eyes as groaning could be heard from the TV.

Onion shut the Television off as Steven raced out of the room. Onion looked at Labradorite, she looked back at Onion and shrugged.

Onion went back to the bed. Labradorite flew up and landed on the bed next to him. The two waited a few moments.

Labradorite pulled the ribbon from her hair, flicking it into a wand. Labradorite lifted the wand over Onion's head, making him look up slightly.

Labradorite twirled the wand around Onions head, multiple shades of blue confetti came from the wand down on Onions head.

Onion reached up and grabbed at the confetti, a small smile gracing his face.

Moments passed and Steven opened the door again. "Alright Onion, let's do this." Steven slammed the door behind him, his eyebrows furrowed. "Whatever weird or horrible thing you or your friends have planned for me." Steven marched up to the bed.
"I'm ready for it."

Steven stiffened as blue confetti showered his head. "Huh?"

Onion hopped off the bed, walking over to a poster. Steven turned and looked to Onion as he moved the poster to the side, revealing a cream colored room. In the center was a golden chest.

Onion walked into the room, Labradorite and Steven following in tow. Onion crouched down infront of the chest, with Steven and Labradorite next to it's sides.

Onion opened the chest, filled with clear capsules. Steven gasped his eyes filling with stars. "You have a chest full of guys!" Steven grabbed a clear capsule, his voice filled with excitement as he picked up more capsules.

<time skip>

"Thanks for having us over Vidalia." Amethyst thanked, Steven now by her side. "Yeah, no it was my pleasure." Vidalia waved off, Onion whispered in his mother's ear. "Onion wants another playdate like this, how about it, Steven?" Vidalia's gaze moved to the half gem. Steven sweated. "Yeah sure! Maybe next time!" He said, looking off to the side, wide eyed. He sure didn't want to come back.

<later>

Onion opened the door, watching Labradorite tidy his room. Onion walked up to the Gem, tugging at her skirt. Labradorite turned, looking down at the small toddler. Onion pointed to the VHS in her hands then at her. "Me? My origins?" Labradorite asked confusedly, Onion nodded. Labradorite smiled and put the VHS away. Labradorite sat down criss crossed.
"Sit down for this, my Origins go way back, atleast, of what I can piece together."

<☆☆☆☆>

"You're tellin' there's a gem, in Onions house?"
Amethyst asked as the two walked back to the temple. Steven nodded fast. "We have to tell Garnet and Pearl!" Steven urged.

"I don't think so, I meant we already have enough on our plate, Pearl and Garnet are already mad at eachother, we have to find Malachite before they run wild! And we have to find Peridot on top of all that!"

Amethyst sighed.
"It's best to let this gem run wild, if it's not hurting anyone, we have to get everything in control before we cause unnecessary problems." Steven looked back at the fading house in the distance. "Yeah your right, Amethyst. We shouldn't tell them then."

[A/N]: haii! Sorry this is short, I have been getting alot of writers block, but I have been trying to keep updating for you guys, so please don't go yet! I'll try to keep this boat afloat! Anyway I'll see you later! Bee out!]