24 : songs about feelings?

After Steven's Party was over, the Greg and the Connie went home and building the drill went smoothly. That is until the gems stopped and sat on a hill, facing the blazing sun and leaving Labradorite and Peridot very confused.

"Steven." Peridot said, stepping infront of the boy as he played the ukulele while siting, his back resting on a pink Lion that was laying on the ground. "Hi." The Steven greeted as Labradorite and Peridot approached.

"Why did we stop working on the drill?" Peridot asked, pointing to the unfinished drill. "And why are they just...sitting there looking at nothing?" Labradorite pointed out, looking at the crystal gems filled with confusion.

"We worked hard, and we deserve to take it easy for a little bit." Steven says his strumming coming to a stop. "I mean, just look at that view!" Steven comments, Peridot and Labradorite look at the warm colors blending into one another.

"It's beautiful." Steven said, looking at the colors in awe. Peridot was not having it. "It's going to be blown to oblivion by the cluster if we dont get back to work!" Peridot yelled, making Labradorite place a gloved hand on her shoulder. "Working hard is important, but feeling good is important, too." Steven says happily.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" Peridot yelled, clenching her fist making the small drill in her hand whir, all this talk about feelings made her feel out of place and it made her mad. Peridot didn't get feelings.

"Hey! Bzzz! what is that a -a  'C'?" Steven asked, playing a note on his ukulele, leaving both Peridot and Labradorite confused. Better than angry, Labradorite thought.

"The drill?" Peridot asked turning the drill on again. "Yeah!" Steven hopped to his feet. Peridot pressed harder on the drill and Steven gasped. "Oh my gosh! Now it's music!" The Steven smiled, now the two gems were definitely confused. "Music?" Both gems said in unison. "Yeah, it's music." Steven repeated  before looking down at his ukulele in his hands.

"Like this... do re mi fa so la ti do~"  Steven began to strum his ukulele before fully struming it. "Do mi so do?" Labradorite tried to repeat. "Isn't it pretty?" Steven asked, Peridot gave the Steven a look. "That's exceedingly simple." Peridot remarks. "Do mi so it?" Labradorite repeated.

"We're making music!" Steven says in a singing voice, strumming on his ukulele. "What is the point?" Peridot asked, as Steven continued to strum. "You're not making anything." Peridot said smug, looking back at the unfinished drill.

"Well, if it isn't anything, then why does it sound so good?" The Steven asked Peridot. "I suppose it's just interest." Peridot explained. "do mi so do." Labradorite said. "Devoid of substance or purpose, a hypothetical pattern!" Peridot said.

"do me so ti." Labradorite repeated. "For the satisfaction of bringing into completion!" Peridot finished with a smirk. "Sure!" Steven encouraged with a weirded out smile.

"Do mi so ti!" Labradorite repeated happily. "Interest without meaning? Solutions without problems?" Peridot looked back at the stars above.

"And then you just add words. Here's one I've been working on." Steven says, struming to a tune. "Life and death and love and birth and peace and war on the planet earth." Steven sang, leaving the two gems confused. "Is there anything that's worth more than peace and love on the planet earth? Ooh woah~"