44:Baseball? Support Coaches.

Of course, Ruby's outburst earned unwanted attention to the barn. "Oh hey, I didn't notice that before, we should probably go check it." Doc said in thought.

"We'll go! With this Ruby!" Aqua shouted and took Ruby's wrist quickly guiding them back to the barn. "They wanna search the barn!" Ruby outbursted, once they reached the barn. "Oh no! Ruby, we cant let them search the barn!" Steven said worriedly.

Suddenly a Sapphire came up next to Ruby. "Tell them that this is a place where humans live." The Sapphire said, kissing the Ruby's nose. "I'm kinda scared...." Ruby admitted, fiddling with her hands.

"I'll be your back up!" Steven volunteered. "Here's some back up for your back up." Amethyst handed Steven a baseball bat and pushed him forward.

"Alright sounds good to me." Aqua said taking the ribbon from her hair and flicking it into a wand. Aqua pointed towards Steven enveloping Steven in a blue light and lifting him from the ground.

"Does this hurt?" Aqua asked to Steven. "No, just feels weird, why?" Steven says, Aqua looked away. "Good, because this wand can get really sensitive." Aqua says before walking out of the barn, Ruby and Pastel by her sides.

"So, we checked the barn, but..." Aqua looked over at Ruby to finish the sentence. "W-we just found a buch of humans!" Ruby laughed nervously. "Yup! Nothing in here but us humans!" Steven said in an unusual accent.

"...Really?" Doc squinted at the two, full of suspicion. Steven, Ruby and Pastel nodded, but Aqua side eyed Doc.

"Are you questioning my efforts of identifying humans and gems apart?" Aqua flew up to meet Doc's eyes, her accent thick and her eyes narrowed, staring right into the Ruby's soul.

"Of- of course not, your brilliance! I- I could never!" Doc stuttered, her eyes darting all over the landscape around her before looking at the ground, away from the Aquamarine right in her face, so close they might be touching noses.

"It's just we better double check so anything like last time doesn't happen!" Doc said, swallowing hard whilst trying to keep eye contact with the intimidating Aqua.

"Last time?" Ruby blurted out in a confused manner. The Rubies laughed at Ruby's confusion, until Aqua cleared her throat pulling away from Doc, making her breath a sigh of relief.

"While I am aware of what you are saying, the fact of the matter is, there is a highly qualified gem right here infront of you, telling you that there is nothing in the barn except humans, checking this place will only slow down your mission." Aqua said before flying down, letting her wings disappear.

"And Besides, you can't." Aqua finished walking back to Pastel and standing proudly. "And why is that?" Doc asked, Aqua froze up. She hadn't thought that far. "You...have too.... play...Baseball!" Steven pieced together, raising up the bat in his hands. "Baseball..?" Doc said slowly.

A few moments later, Steven had brung everyone but Peridot out to play as 'humans' there was Pearl, playing as Earl. Amethyst playing as Amy. Lapis playing as Bob. And Sapphire playing as Sophie.

The Rubies introduced themselves with the exact same name, and Steven began to explain the rules of the game. The best thing about it? Aqua and Pastel were coaches for both teams! .

"Alright yall! Remember to keep your eye one the ball and swing with all your might! I expect nothing less from Rubies!" Aqua yelled at the five Rubies that looked up to her flying form.

"She's getting really into this...coach thing... how do you deal with her?" Pearl asked Pastel, who was standing patiently next to Pearl.

"Well, we've been together for thousands of years at this point for me to know that there really is no good way to let out all her pent up anger." Pastel thought for a moment before snapping her fingers with an "Oh!" Making Pearl look at Pastel, full of confusion.

"What? What happened?" Pearl asked, making a Pastel's cheeks darken at her own outburst. "Nothing... it was just a simple idea. Sorry about that.." Pastel chuckled, Pearl joined in.

"I want to see you guys out there exceeding my very low expectations!" Aqua finished and sent the Rubies out into the field.

Aqua huffed and flew over to Pastel, limping into her arms. "Hi." Pastel greeted, only to get a dim wave. "Being a hype coach is tiring." Aqua muttered, nuzzling her head into Pastel's chest. "Labradorite would do better." Aqua said, making Pastel chuckle. "Stars knows she would." Pastel chuckled, before turning to Pearl.

  "We'll be on the bench if you need us." Pastel said before walking over to the bench and sitting on it, letting Aqua lay on her chest whilst sitting on her lap. 

After a few rounds 'Sophie' gets pick for the batter and Ruby gets picked for catcher. From the moment Sophie made her way over to Ruby, they immediately started to flirt with each other, making them giggle and miss the ball a total of three times.
"Strike three!"

The two love birds stopped their giggling to look at their team, their cheeks a darker hue. Mostly everyone had disappointed stares, most of them bringing their hand to smack their face. However 'Bob', Pastel and Aqua held up thumbs up, full of encouragement.

During the rounds, the Rubies broke, well, multiple bats, so Steven had to get one from the varn and that ment, giving up information about how the game was going. Which was terrible.

After more rounds the Rubies and the 'humans' were tied. The next batter was Sophie and the catcher was Ruby. Uh oh.

"Wait! I call a time out!" Steven rushed to the two. "Guys, I know that it's hard being split up like this, but we cant let then see Peridot if you ever need help, look at Pastel and Aqua for help." Steven said, pointing over to Pastel and Aqua sitting on the bench.

Aqua was laying in Pastels lap, tracing where her gem split as Patel muttered sweet nothings to the smaller gem, hugging her tightly, while petting her heir gingerly.

"so maybe dont look at them for assistance, but Sapphire keep your 'eye' on the ball and Ruby, stop being cute." Steven said. "Pun intended?" Ruby asked with a smile. "What did I just say?" Steven said before walking away.

Once the game resumed, the silence was tense. Once Doc threw the ball, Sapphire swung...and missed.

Everyone held their tounges as Ruby threw the ball back, all the while Doc calling out Sapphires first strike with a confident smirk on her face.

"Come on... I know you can do it!" Ruby encouraged quietly. Sapphire groaned quietly, biting back a remark.

Doc threw the ball again, slightly harder and Sapphire swung, missing again, earning another louder strike from Doc. Ruby threw the ball back with worried eyes.

"Just look at the ball." Ruby said, Sapphire sighed. "I'm trying, but all I want to look at is you..." Sapphire said, making Ruby chuckle.

"Don't worry, you can look at me when you're running for home." Ruby smiled, making Sapphire smile back at her. Doc ignited the ball and threw it at the duo. Sapphire swung and...

She made it!