16: bubble trouble

Peridot began to lead the way back to the warp pad, talking with Steven on how he knows how to stop The Cluster, which Steven was denying. Eventually the two stopped, making Labradorite stop aswell as tune back into their conversation.

"I used to be really scared of thunderstorms, just like you and Labradorite." Steven said, looking down at the ground as Peridot turned. "Then dad explained how rain and all that stuff works, then I wasn't scared of rain anymore." Steven looked away holding his other arm with his hand.

Peridot simply rolled her eyes. "Well, I'm sure you have other knowledge about how this planet works." Peridot says, Steven shrugged with a worried frown on his face.

"Sure, but none of it's gonna help us." Steven says, Labradorite looked at him, shaking her head as Steven continued. "If we want to stop this cluster thing, we'll need help from the Crystal Gems." Labradorite cowered behind Peridot. She didn't want to face those shattering gems again. Not now. Not ever.

"I said, we don't need them!" Peridot yelled angrily, taking a protective stance infront of Labradorite. Whatever those gems did, They scared Labradorite in a way that is unforgettable in the eyes of Labradorite. She is terrified at the mere mention of those gems!

"Let's just warp us back to the bathroom, or whatever you call it and we'll take care of this!" Peridot growled. "If it looks really bad, then we can just ask this 'dad' for help, right?" Peridot said crossing her arms. Someone or something screeched in the distance, making Peridot yelp and hide behind Labradorite. "What was that?!"

Labradorite looked in the direction of the screech. "Oh no!" Steven yelped, Labradorite brightened at the forced fusions. "Gem mutants!" "Steven!" Peridot hissed at him.

Labradorite went to walk up to the forced fusions on the warp pad, but was yanked back by Peridot. One of the forced fusions jumped down, Steven ran infront of Peridot and formed a bubble around the trio.

"Do something!" Peridot screeched.

"I am doing something!" Steven yelled back.

"Something useful!" Peridot yelled back as the two looked up at the Forced fusion in terror, Labradorite looked at it with recognition.

"Let's run!" Steven said, turning and running in the bubble, Peridot replicated his movements, moving The bubble away from the forced fusion before it stomped on the group.

"Over here!" "No, the other way!" "No not there!" "AHH!!"  The two bickered as Labradorite had trouble keeping up with the bubble, often tripping over her feet.

"Let's run into this corner!" Steven said, running into a corner. As the bubbled group reached the end of the corner, the two leading screamed. "Oh no!" "We're cornered!" Labradorite gave a huff as the forced fusion pounced on the bubble. "Can't you destroy it?!" Peridot asked, "no this is all I can do on my own!" Steven strained keeping the bubble up with all his might.

The forced fusion began to try and pop the bubble, until a "hey!" Caught everyone's attention. Labradorite moved infront of Steven to face the forced fusion. Labradorite placed her hand on the bubble where one of the forced fusions feet were and gave them pitiful eyes.

The mouth opened and an eye looked over Labradorite's gem. It pressed harder on the bubble when it scanned over her crack. Labradorite shook her head when a voice sounded out. "Hang on Steven!" Labradorite stopped everything and ran to hide behind Peridot as Steven smiled. It's the gems!" Steven cheered. 'It's the gems' Labradorite feared.

The Pearl sliced a forced fusion in half, shooting two with lasers. The Amethyst jumped in the air pouncing and poofing three other forced fusions.

The Garnet slammed her gauntlets together creating electricity in them and slamming them on the ground, electrocuting and poofing the forced fusion on the bubble, making Labradorite cower in fear, shrinking behind Peridot as she sat on the floor.

"Peridot, Labradorite, there's no way we can stop this thing in the earth on our own." Steven said holding his bubble so the gems wouldn't hear their conversation. "We need the help of the Crystal gems." Steven said, Peridot was stunned, just staring up in shock.

"Steven! Are you alright?!" The Pearl asked as Steven dropped his bubble. Peridot soon recovered from her shock and stood, Labradorite behind her. "Move aside Steven." Peridot said, Makin Steven step aside. The gems looked shocked for a moment.

"PERIDOT?!" Amethyst yelled "what are you two doing here?!" Pearl asked. "Steven I thought I told you to keep an eye on her." Garnet said.

None of the gems seem to see Labradorite cowering behind Peridot, perhaps it's for the best, seeing how easily they destroyed the other forced fusions.

"I know, but-" Steven was cut off by Peridot. "He did what he was told." Peridot took a glance at Labradorite and Steven, one was shaking her head, the other nodded his.

"All right. Listen up, you clo-" Peridot cuts herself off sighing. "Crystal gems." She corrected herself, the gems were shocked as Peridot's correction. "I've made up my mind. I have something to tell you about The Cluster." She looked up at them.

<---->

"Are you sure you don't want to help?" Peridot asked, leaning into the bathtub as Labradorite turned the knob off. Labradorite nodded. "I don't wanna face those Crystal jerks." Labradorite shrunk back in the tub, Peridot nodded at her answer.

"Okay, just stay here, you won't mind me being gone for a few minutes, right?" Peridot asked, Labradorite hesitated for a moment, before shaking her head.

Peridot smiled slightly. "We'll terminate The Cluster soon enough. You just focus on healing your gem." Peridot smiled. Labradorite smiled back and sinked into the water. "Be careful." Labradorite's warning could bearly be heard in the water.

Peridot sighed and left the bathroom. "I will." She said before returning to her cold attitude walking into the living room.