29:Operation: Trying To Trust

"Stay here Labby, I have to talk with Pearl." Peridot spoke, patting Labradorite's head as she at down on a bench. Labradorite nodded, placing her hands in her lap. Peridot, seeing that Labradorite wouldn't move, nodded and left, walking over to the pondering Pearl.

If Peridot had looked back, she would have seen Amethyst sitting on the bench next to Labradorite, attempting to start a conversation.

Peridot reached the Pearl who was leaning on the barn wall, conversing with Garnet. "We've tried everything to try and gain her trust, what else can we do?" Pearl asked Garnet with confused eyes.

"Are we talking about Labradorite again?" Peridot asked, Pearl jumped at Peridot's silent approach.

"Yes... I- I don't want to force a connection, but that seems like that might be our last option." Pearl said, Peridot hummed, placing a hand in her chin.

"Yes, forcing a connection with be very bad, for you." Peridot comments, side eyeing Pearl and Garnet.

"You're closest to Labradorite, and I can't believe that I'm about to say this, but you tell us what we can and can't do." Pearl sighed as Peridot lifted one eyebrow at the Pearl.

"The worst thing you could do is overwhelm Labradorite, it's better if you take a slow approach. Another problem would be getting Labradorite to stay put during the interaction." Peridot pondered before taking a glance at Amethyst and Labradorite.

Amethyst was eagerly trying to pull Labradorite into a conversation. Labradorite was uncomfortably scooting away whilst still sitting on the bench. "That!" Peridot said finally, startling Pearl. "What?"

"I have an idea! You have to follow it directly." Peridot said before beginning to tell Pearl and Garnet her plan.

----

"I tried to talk with her, couldn't get past the conversation starter." Amethyst shrugged walking up to the three gems nodding along to what Peridot was saying.

"So where do we come in?" Pearl asked. "You can figure out who goes up to her first, though I would prefer that you take it very slow, Labradorite does not like it when you go to fast, let her figure out the connection so she feels safe." Peridot explains as Amethyst neared.

"What are we talkin' bout?" Amethyst asked. Peridot walked past Amethyst. "Just let the rest of the Crystal gems tell you, this step needs to be as quick as possible, you're going to need the time you have." Peridot said as she pasted Amethyst, going over to the bench where Labradorite was waiting nervously.

As soon as Labradorite caught eyes with Peridot, she immediately shot up from her seat. "Madem Peri! Your back!" Labradorite smiled.

"Hey, Labby, uh, I have to do something, alone! Just stay here and follow the instructions of any crystal gem, okay?"

Labradorite went to talk, but she held her tounge, looking off to the side before nodding. "Great! I'll be back soon, Labby!" Peridot smiled and dashed off.

Labradorite sat back down on the bench and began to play with her hands. "'Labby', huh?" Labradorite jumped at the voice beside her. Labradorite looked at the short violet quartz beside her and swallowed.

"You two a thing or what?" Amethyst asked, Labradorite looked over to the Amethyst and shook her head. "Bummer...." Amethyst muttered before piping up once more. "You seem stressed." Amethyst said, looking at Labradorite wring out her fingers.