15: back to your origins

The Steven dried his hair with a towel. "That was fun, Huh?" He comments as if the lesson wasn't life changing to the two gems pacing and conversing with eachother.

"It was.. something." Peridot took notice of the boy and replied to him, humming as Labradorite whispered something in her nonexistent ear. Peridot sighed, as Labradorite pulled away, giving Peridot a gentle, careful smile.

"Steven..?"

Steven looked over at Peridot with a hum. "I'm going to say something." Steven just looked at Peridot patiently as Labradorite held her thumbs up to Peridot.

Taking a quick glance at Labradorite, she inhaled. "Thank you." Peridot thanked as Labradorite smiled wider. "Uh.. what for?" Steven asked, Peridot gave him a look.

"For explaining this 'rain' business to us." She said,  Labradorite clapped and hugged Peridot before backing up as Steven chuckles. "Oh, no problem!" Steven said with a smile. "Now the other thing." Labradorite ushered, that was the first time Steven caught Labradorite talk, it made him smile slightly wider.

"Yes, Labradorite, I was getting to that. You see, The Steven, You're a much more intelligent creature then I initially thought, you and Labradorite." Steven lost his smile at the comment, Labradorite just smiled wider at the commented.

"Uh... that's good..?" Steven commented, Peridot waved dismissively at the comment continuing to pace. "Yes much more... useful then those Clods." Peridot took a glance to Labradorite's slightly chipped gem.

"Steven! I've made up my mind!" Steven looked confused, what Peridot gonna up and leave or something? "About what, exactly?" Steven asked, tilting his head. "We've decided to share some information with you!" Peridot blurted out. "Ah, I know you used my toothbrush to clean Labradorite's gem." Steven brushed off with a smile.

Labradorite and Peridot looked away for a second. "N-no... well yes. But it's about the cluster." Peridot says, Steven gasped, muttering a "You cracked." Making Peridot fume. "I HAVEN'T CRACKED!" Peridot yelled, almost incoherently, obviously ticked off.

"Wait you have to tell the gems, they need to know this!" Steven said, ticking Peridot off more as he got off the couch. "No! We don't want to talk to them!" Peridot gestured to herself then Labradorite, who walked up to Peridot, attempting to calm her down.

"You're the only one we need, we could show you now but we have nothing!" Peridot teased up. "My arm attachments, my fingers, my screen, my log- it's all gone!" Peridot teared up.

"But all of my logs up to date 652 still exist! Backed up in facet 5 of the prime kindergarten!" Peridot pleaded. "You want me to take you two to the kindergarten?" Steven pieced together. "I don't know." Steven looked away, remembering what the gems said.

"Steven, Don't you want to know about the cluster?" Peridot pleaded with teary eyes. "Mm... okay..." Steven hesitantly looked back at Peridot. "We can go to the kindergarten..." Steven gives in making Peridot hop up with joy yelling a "Yes!" While laughing.

"But..." only to deflate as Steven opened his mouth. "Gah.. a catch, what are your demands?" Peridot asked crossing her arms. "You and Labradorite have to hold my hands the entire time." Steven said, Peridot hesitantly looked at Labradorite, who bearly listened in to their conversation, looking out the window at the dripping rain.