33: Back together

"She was probably also the one to fuse us together permanently..." Pastel spoke, rubbing Aqua's head as she snuggled deeper into Pastel's head. "Ready?" Pastel asked, Aqua looked up at Pastel and nodded.

Pastel stood, making Aqua fly up to her height. Aqua wrapped her arms around Pastel, making her return the affection as both of their half gems glowed brightly. Suddenly they combined and the light died down.

Labradorite looked around, slightly confused before hugging herself with a slight smile. Labradorite saw Pearl form the corner of her eye and smiled. "Thank you for talking with them Pearl, they needed it." Labradorite smiled greatfully at Pearl.

Pearl smiled and brushed off the thank. "It's no problem really, Pastel is easy to get along with." Pearl chuckled, Labradorite stepped closer and took Pearl's hands into her own.

"Still, thank you very much." Labradorite thanked, smiling softly. "Pastel and Aqua, I have something that Labradorite enjoys! Perhaps you would-" Peridot was quickly cut off as Labradorite pulled away from Pearl and walked over to Peridot.

"Labby, you're- you're-" Peridot was too stunned to fix a proper sentence, Labradorite did it for her. "I'm back." Labradorite smiled, opening her arms for a hug.
Peridot finally processed the body infront of her and sqealed, diving into Labradorite's arms with a loud "You're back!!"

The force that Peridot dove into Labradorite's arms was enough to make them twirl around, both of their gems glowing brightly. Suddenly they fused and Dioptase was formed. Dioptase spun around laughing to herself and hugging the sides of her form with all her arms.

Despite being filled with euphoria, Dioptase didn't falter in her spinning as she joyestly laughed

Despite being filled with euphoria, Dioptase didn't falter in her spinning as she joyestly laughed. It had come to Pearl's attention, Dioptase seemed good at everything human. She was good at flirting, dancing, keeping balance, keeping a conversation and her cool, she was so...good.

Pearl couldn't explain it, but her movements, her personality, they were just so flawless. Dioptase stopped her spinning, placing her foot on the ground and lowering herself onto the ground and striking a pose one would see a ballerina do in their finishing act.

Dioptase looked up, her eyes already on Pearl as if she knew she was there all along. Dioptase, in one fluid motion, straightened from  her position and strutted over to Pearl. "Great to see you again, Pearl, did you miss me?" Dioptase winked in a subtle way, taking Pearl's hand into her own and lowering her head.

Pearl's cheeks heated up as Dioptase placed her lips on Pearl's hand. "I left you speechless, huh? I have that effect on gems." Dioptase commented, making Pearl try and stutter out a response.

Dioptase's responses were so slick, so natural that it came out of her mouth and her mouth only. If anyone were to repeat what she had just said they'd sound like an incel.

But not Dioptase. She has the perfect looks and the perfect voice to say that. "You don't have to say anything, Pearl." Dioptase placed a finger underneath Pearl's chin, closing her slacked jaw.

"You can just stare." Dioptase snarked, sending Pearl into another fit to reclaim her dignity, her cheeks a burning teal. Dioptase chuckled at Pearl, silencing her once more.

"It's alright." Dioptase spoke before dropping her voice. "I don't mind being stared at." Dioptase winked subtly again before slipping out of the barn, sending Pearl's cheeks ablaze once more. "Oh you!" Pearl called, her cheeks a flaming teal as she chased after the laughing Dioptase.

<--->

"Yo! Dioptase, nice to see you up an runnin." Amethyst greeted as Dioptase slowed to a stop infront of her.

"Great to see you Amethyst. How are you on this fine morning?" Dioptase bowed, taking Amethyst's hand and placing a small, feather-like kiss against the back of it.

"G-good. I'm good." Amethyst said, attempting not to stutter as Dioptase carefully pulled away, looking at her with her gentle, yet intense eyes.

Squawking could be heard in the distance as Dioptase pulled away and stood straight again. Dioptase extended her hand out, not to Amethyst, behind her actually, as if she was expecting something to happen.

And something definitely did.

Suddenly Pearl collided into Dioptase, falling right into her perfectly placed trap.

Pearl was about to fall until Dioptase wrapped her arm around her, pulling Pearl into a dip fairly easily and gently making their nose touch with the slightest of movements.

"Careful Pearl." Pearl could feel Dioptase's breath on her lips. "Someone could have gotten really hurt." Dioptase lifted the stunned Pearl up so she could stand and brushed herself off.

Once Dioptase was done checking herself, she brushed Pearl's shoulders off and patted the gems head. Dioptase, in one swift motion, turned back to Amethyst.

"You were good, you say?" Dioptase continued their conversation like normal. Even Amethyst was stunned for Pearl, her jaw was slacked, almost touching the ground.

Until Dioptase placed her finger underneath Amethysts chin, lifting it upwards and closing Amethysts mouth with the additional comment of, "Don't do that, Amethyst, you might catch flies."

<--->

Dioptase was sitting on a bench, talking with Steven, well mostly answering his questions he had for them. Amethyst, in cat form, had snuck up beside her.

With bearly one paw on her lap, Dioptase stopped a response of hers to call out Amethyst on her shenanigans with a simple. "Greetings Amethyst."

And she placed her hand on Amethysts furry head going back into the conversation, making both Steven and Amethyst to go into shock, but hey, who was Amethyst to turn down any kind of affection.

Amethyst crawled onto Dioptases lap and curled into a ball as Dioptase petted her like an Evil villain with a cat.  "You're so cool Dioptase!" Steven complimented, Dioptase chuckled at Steven's compliment. "Thanks Steven, not many appreciate my work." Dioptase said and continued with their previous conversation.

[A/n: hey yall, this was just a short chapter before all the action set in, also Labyy's gonna meet Lapis, ain't that exciting!? How yall feel about it?]