68: Shopping spree

the group was seperated and while Steven, Greg and Amethyst entertained Andy for the time being, Pearl, Garnet, Peridot, Lapis, and Labraorite went shopping for traditional things.

"I have a list about human traditions i learned about through my many human friends!" Labradorite said proudly as she summoned a notebook.

"really?" Lapis was the first to look over her shoulder at the shorter blue gem.

"that makes our job a whole lot easier!" Peridot said, happy to make this trip as quick as it possibly can.

"yes, that's very useful, Labradorite." Pearl smiled, patting Labradorite's head, making the paler blue gem smile. "thank you, Pearl!" Labradorite thanks chirperly as she reviewed her notes.

"now it's best we get a reservation to pick up a cake sooner than later considering they take a bit of time to get done..."

--

--

"oh Peridot, what do you think of this?"

Peridot looked up from her tablet and squinted with a hum. Peridot got up and fixed the bow tied onto Labradorite chest before backing up.

Peridot stared for a good long while before speaking. "change that into one of these." Peridot showed Labradorite her tablet which had a Suit pulled up on it.
Peridot pointed to the tie on the suit like it were a diagram.

"Okay!" Labradorite went back into the dressing room and came out moments later now with a dark blue tie.

Peridot looked Labradorite up and down repeatedly before walking back up to her.

"Something isnt right..." Peridot muttered, looking at the suit then looking at the pale blue gem. Periodt grabbed Labradorite's tie and tucked it into her vest. "there!"

Labradorite smiled and did a twirl in the outfit, just as Lapis walked into the dressing room to ask what was taking so long.

Lapis gave Labradorite one glance, two glances, before Peridot piped up. "oh Lapis, I was just about to consule you, what do you think?" Peridot asked, gesturing to Labadorite.

Lapis was silent for a few minutes, most likely analysing Labradorite, before she lifted her hand in a thumbs up.

"oh really? I though you didnt like change?" Labradorite commented, putting her hands on her hips and tilting her head, wondering what had changed.

"well... this is a nice change. you should wear those more often" Lapis said, looking away as Labradorite beamed at the taller gem.