12: locked in a bathroom... for good reason!

Steven sat on the edge of his bed, Peridot's 'foot' in his lap. Steven sighed and placed the foot down beside him, lost in his thoughts.

What was Peridot trying to say? And Labradorite... poor Labradorite. The sweet gem was only bearly affiliated with the green gem. And yet she was still punished.

Steven thought back to when Amethyst was cracked, how the Crystal gems were so worried. Steven remembered Labradorite's face, in contrast to just last night.

The joyest smile on Labradorite's face when she was showing her tricks to the crowd, lifting people up with her wand, displaying shows making the crowd cheer, laugh, and smile.

And then terrified look on Labradorite's face when the gems neared. Her horrified eyes when the whip caught her ankle. The loud but soft c r a c k as her gem hit the ground. The flash of defeat in her eyes as Pearl shoved her spear in her ches-

"I'm back to kidnap you!"
A violet hand pressed against Steven's face as he yelped from the voice. Steven looked at Amethyst with a bewildered expression as the purple gem chuckled.

"What?" Amethyst laughs again, jumping to sit on the bed, making the bed bounce. "It's been long enough that we can joke about it, right?" Amethyst smiled, Steven looked away at the clock then back at Amethyst.

"It's only been like an hour." The memories are still fried in my brain. Steven thought. "So- ew, what are you doing with her foot?" Amethyst asked, pointing to Peridot's 'foot'. Steven looked at the foot and shrugged. "Think it's lucky?" Amethyst snickered. "Not for Peridot." Amethyst chuckles, wrapping her arm around Steven.

"Well, glad to have you back." Amethyst jumped from the bed, walking down the loft. "Uhm, Amethyst?" Steven called out, Amethyst turned. "Yeah?"

"Uh, do you think..." Steven tried to find his sentence. "No, it's okay, nevermind." Steven said looked back at Peridot's foot. "Okay weirdo." Amethyst chuckled before walking down the stairs.

"If you need anything, I'll be in my room eating garbage." Amethyst stated, leaving the loft as Steven yelled "okay," after her. Amethyst left into her room, leaving Steven with his thoughts.

Steven sighed, his back falling onto the mattress. Steven turned to Peridot's 'foot'. "Why were you so scared? What were you going to say?"  So many questions, so little answers, Steven thought.

Ronaldo taught him that phrase, it seemed to be true in this situation. Heh, who would have thought Ronaldo would be right about something. "Now both of you are deep in the Temple in a bubble and we'll never know..." Steven placed his hand on Peridot's 'foot'.

"If I could talk to you for one more second..." Steven's gem began to glow. Steven immediately sat up, pulling up his shirt just slightly to see his gem glowing brightly. Steven gasps softly as his mother's door opens.

Steven rushed down the loft and into his mother's door, into his mother's room. Steven walked to the center and turned. "Room I need to talk to Peridot." Steven said, pink clouds morfed and twisted until Peridot was standing next to Steven.

"We're the only one who knows about the-" Peridot froze. It was silent as 'Peridot' glared at nothing. "THE WHAT!?" Steven yelled throwing his hands up in the air. More silence as 'Peridot' didn't move.