39:Sharing is Caring, Except When Two Don't Know How To Be Friendly

"You!?" Lapis looked in shock. "Lazuli, nice to see you up and about." Peridot greeted with a sort of smug smile. "What are you doing here!?" Lapis glared at the shorter gem. "This is my new home away from homeworld!" Peridot explained, gesturing to the barn.

"No it not! It's mine! Right, Steven" Labradorite and Steven facepalmed, Labradorite letting out a heavy sigh. "Oh boy..." Steven muttered unbeknownst to the fuming blue gems and the confused Green gem.

<----->

"And then I'll say." Peridot began talking to her recorder.

"'Hey as one refugee to another, it isn't so bad that we can never go back to homeworld, am I right? Why don't we watch the sun come up and figure out what we're going to do with all this time, eh, Lazuli?' And then she'll say 'yes, Peridot. As impressed as I was by you on the ship, I am even more impressed with your new compact look and capacity for friendship. I'm so glad we're going to be living together.' Peridot facet five."

Peridot finished, clicking her recorder off as Labradorite clapped, sitting on a box to the side as Peridot turned to Lapis. "Let's begin." Peridot went in for a hand shake, as Lapis just stared at the gem. Lapis turned to Steven with a slight irritated expression. "This isn't gonna work." Lapis said, making Peridot's once smug face fall into one of confusion. "Wait what?"

"I really though I would be living alone here." Lapis whispered, however it wasn't silent enough to go unnoticed by the two currently living in the barn, who gave eachother knowing glances. "Yeah, but this is even better!" Steven tried to reason.

"Oh here how about this! I saw this on an episode of a TV show! I didn't see how it ended, but I'm sure it worked out great." Steven said, thinking to himself, taking out a marker. "We'll divide this place in half." Steven said, making the floor of the barn with a purple line.

"You'll both have your own space!" Steven spoke as he continued to draw the line and list off things related to the barn. "High ceilings, real wood floors, convenient location in the heart of the country. So what do you think roomies?" Steven asked, finishing drawing the line. Labradorite had a slight thought about her being invisible, but quickly shook it off along with her irritation.

"I like the cut of your gem, Steven Quartz." Peridot smiled as Lapis glared at the violet colored line. "No, no way!" Lapis declared, Peridot was even more confused.

"What's the problem?" Peridot asked as Steven came up to the two. "You're the one getting all the good stuff!" Peridot said and began to list off things that were on Lapis' side that she deemed good.

"You got the propeller and paint cans on your side! You could do tons with those!" Peridot said as Lapis crossed her arms and avoided eye contact. "Oh, actually I kinda want the paint cans, you want to trade something?" Peridot asked. "I don't care about paint cans. That's not the problem." Lapis growled, looking away from Peridot.

Peridot let out a simple, shocked "Bah." As Steven asked Lapis what was wrong. "It's her. She's the problem." Lapis admitted, gesturing to the green gem right next to her that seemed obvious.

"Don't talk about Labby that way! She's staying no matter what!" Peridot defended, making Labradorite look over at her and smile at the back handed affection.

"I can't stand the thought of looking at her everyday." Lapis said with venom in her throat. "She's the one who dragged me back to earth." Lapis growled, looking away from the green gem, who finally realized Lapis was talking about her.

"Hey, It wasn't my idea! I was headed to earth and I needed an informat." Peridot admitted, not making Lapis feel anymore at ease than she was. "It should've been a simple mission, but it didn't work out for either of us." Peridot remarked, rolling her eyes.

"You used me like everyone else did!!" Lapis yelled at Peridot. "But it's not like that anymore, It's different now. I'm different." Said Peridot, unusually calm in a situation like this. "She right Lapis, even Labradorite agrees Peridot has changed, right Labradorite?" Steven said tunring hisbhead behind him to look over at Labradorite whom was now laying on a box.

Her feet were dangling over the box as she laid on her back. Her main hands were covering her eyes, not covering the blank look on her face however, with her other hands wrapping around her gem. One might have thought she was asleep.

Steven was that one. Steven almost repeated his question in an attempt to stir her until Labradorite held out one of her hands to him, sticking out her thumb in a thumbs up position as she let out a "mhm." Before going back to her previous position.

Getting the answer he wanted Steven turned back to the two that were already in an argument. "I even yelled at Yellow Diamond! She's probably sending a whole fleet to find and shatter me right now! I'm kinda a big deal. A big anti-homeworld deal!" Peridot yelled with a slight smile, hoping to impress the blue gen. Lapis only gave a side eye to the green gem and walked over to Steven.

"Steven, I don't think this is gonna work." Lapis said, Steven stuttered trying to find a way for Lapis to stay. "Maybe we could put up a curtain?" Steven suggested. Lapis just looked dimly at the boy and walk out the barn. Lapis summoned her wings and left.

Labradorite sat up, looking at Lapis' figure flying away up to the water tower.  Steven apologized to Peridot. "I thought it would be okay. I forgot that the last time you saw eachother wasn't so okay." Steven said to Peridot, who just stared at where Lapis once was. Peridot looked over at Steven. "That was in the past. It's not like that now!" Peridot groaned before stomping away like a misunderstood teenager.

Steven went to apologize to Labradorite to see her form missing frim the box she was lounging on. Steven looked up at the water tower to see Labradorite's form flying over to where Lapis was. Steven looked over to see Peridot still ranting.