62:Drive Safely!

[Take a shot each time I say Garbanzo]
(Reference to an old chapter)

Weeks passed at it was relatively chill for the three roommates until a small child came up to the barn. Peridot stared down at the small human that had knocked on the barn.

"We dont have anything you're feeble human body would want, go away." Peridot said, trying to shoo the child away.

The child did not budge, just staring into Peridot's soul. "Who is it, Peri?" Labradorite asked, moving Peridot out of the way of the door.

"Oh, hey Onion! I haven't seen you in a while. What brings you here?" Labradorite asked, Peridot seemed confused that Labradorite knew this small child, but she didn't question it.

Onion took Labradorite wrist and pulled them closer to the woods, Labradorite just let him. "I'll see you later, Peridot!" Labradorite waved as Onion pulled her to the woods. Onion pulled Labradorite deep into the woods to a clearing.

Onion signaled Labradorite to stay there as he ran off again. Labradorite shrugged and sat down on a tree stump and waited. The wait wasn't as long as she thought as Onion came through the bush with Steven.

"Where are we?" Steven asked looking at the clearing. Onion whistled sharply making Steven look at Onion in awe. "I didn't know you could whistle like that." Steven said before rustling was heard in the bushes around them.

"Is someone there?" Labradorite asked, making a Steven's head snap towards her. "Labradorite?! Why are you here?" Steven asked. "Onion brought me." Labradorite shrugged before turning her attention back to the rustling bushes.

"Garbanzo!" A child said arising from the bushed, a white and green mask hid their identity as they wore a pink striped shirt. Steven jumped scooting back as Garbanzo(..?)  Walked towards him.

"Who are you!? Your pulmonary approach is making me uncomfortable!" Steven said scooting into a log. Steven had was touched by a kid in the log with a white and pink smily face mask.

Steven jumped and bumped into Labradorite as he told Onion to run. Another kid jumped down from the tree in a blue frowning faced mask.

Steven fell as Labradorite looked at the children in confusion. "Looks like it's curtains for Steven Universe." Steven said as the four children surrounded him and Labradorite. Until the children took of their masks.

"Do you know these guys Onion?" Steven asked sitting up as the children back up, giving the two space. Onion rocked on his feet before opening his arms, the children almost rushing to his side. "Oh, they're your friends." Steven cooed.

"uh my name's Steven." Steven introduced himself. "I'm Labradorite." Labradorite said, with a slight bow. "Garbanzo." Garbanzo stated, pointed to himself.

"I guess you're Garbanzo...? Since you're named after a bean, the baby on your back must be... Pinto." The baby, Pinto cooed at the correct assumption and Garbanzo smiled. Steven turned to the kid wearing overalls.

"And you're name is...." the kid removed their yellow cap to show a squash on their head. "Oh, Squash." Squash winked at Steven. "And to my left we have..." Steven looked at the kid with a pot on their head.

The kid used their slingshot to hit the pan on their head. "Slingshot." Steven said, the kid looked mildly offended hitting their pot again.

"Uh Pot-hat?" Steven tried again, the old hit the pot on their head again making Steven struggle hard. "Uhh, Soup...?" Soup immediately smiled and joyfully blew a kiss at Steven.

"It's nice to meet all of you." Labradorite smiled, the children smiled and went to Steven. "What a warm welcome." Onion smiled as the children pickpocketed Steven. "H-hey that's my wallet."
Labradorite hid her smile as she walked over to Onion. Her personally? Would not let that slide.

<------->

Soup used their sling shot to hit cans off the log. When they got one, Squash, accompanied with Labradorite, would applaud them.

"Onion this whole time I thought you were just a lonely boy, but you have a whole pantry of friends!" Steven said, sitting next to Onion. "Thanks for bringing me and Labradorite here."

"Garbanzo."
Garbanzo came back with a homemade race car looking item, it was painted red, had wheels and a crate on the back. "Cool! a soap box, derby cart, thing!" Steven said as everyone raced up to it. "Can I lend yall a hand?" Steven asked, Garbanzo snorted and pointed to the car as he shook his head with a "Garbanzo."

Pinto had a torch lighter and a mask protecting her face as she did something to the wheel of the derby cart, Soup was checking the crate and Squash was hammering at the steering wheel. "Is that safe?" Steven muttered. "Probably not." Labradorite said, keeping her eyes on the cart.

"Garbanzo!" Garbanzo said as the children board the race cart thing. "This looks amazing!" Steven compliments. Onion gestures him and Labradorite to get on.

"Is there enough room for all of us?" Soup patted the two empty spaces. Steven and Labradorite hopped on.

"Alright let's roll!" Steven said, the race car started to move drove around town quickly. Garbanzo swerved and hit a bench, falling out the car with a quick, "Garbanzo." As he fell. "Uh what's going on?" Everyone hopped out of the makeshift vehicle and crowded around the fallen Garbanzo.

Garbanzo squeezed a ketchup packet and slapped it over his eyes as Squash held his hand. "G-Garbanzo..." Garbanzo said. "Wait.. he's gonna be okay, right?" Steven asked. "It was just a little spill!" Labradorite looked at Steven.

"Gar-banzo..." Garbanzo said his eyes looking off into the distance before Squash closed his eyes. "G-Garbanzo? Is this really happening?" Steven muttered as Soup pressed their hands together, seemingly praying as Steven looked at them.

"Oh Pinto... I don't know what to say!" Steven said as Pinto crawled onto her brother. "This all happened so suddenly..." Steven said, Labradorite looked at him, was he okay?

Pinto rubbed her hands together and touched Garbanzo's face 'reviving' him. "Garbanzo..!" Garbanzo opened his eyes and hugged his baby sister. "It's a miracle! Pinto has healing-" Steven was nudged harshly by Onion, who winked at him while doing it.

"Powers...Why's you nudge me and wink like this was all..." Onion winked again. "A big joke..." Steven whispered, Onion nodded, confirming Steven's suspensions before winking at him again.

Steven was silent for a minute before laughing. "I-I get it." Steven said as he clutched his heart. "Are you okay, Steven?" Labradorite asked, tilting her head at Steven.

"It was a good joke, ya'll really got me with that." Steven whispered, ignoring Labradorite's question. Onion pulled a long trench coat from the crate, making Steven almost forget about the incident.

"Woah that is a huge trench coat! What are you gonna do with that?" Steven asked, Onion looked at him. Something bad. Labradorite thought as she sighed.

[A/N: sometimes I think I can use a beta reader, but I don't want none! Anyway keep a look out for a little extra problem causing Aquamarine, once she pulls up the lore will be expanded on hehehe - Bee]