57:courageous is comfortable

TW: Swearing at the end of the chapter

Steven immediately went to reach out for Jasper, only for Amethyst to hold him back, muttering a "Steven, be careful."

Steven looked up at Amethyst, worry glossing his eyes. "But this just happened! Maybe I can do something!" Steven said worried for the Soon to be corrupt Jasper.

Steven turned to face the distrusting Jasper with a worried smile. "Jasper, it's okay, I'm here." Steven said, trying to be soothing as he approached, it unfortunatelydidn't work with the soldierin question.

"Rose..." Jasper growled, her glare set on Steven and Steven alone as she held her Corrupted arm. "I'm not Rose. I'm Steven, I just want to try and heal you." Steven said worried as he licked his hand and tried to touch Jasper's Corrupted arm.

Jasper snapped bringing her hand up and ripping Steven's shirt, making Amethyst scream his name and making Dioptase look over at the commotion.

Seeing the rip on his shirt made Dioptase gasp and ready her blade. Amethyst raced over, attempting to kick Jasper, however Steven stopped her.

"I see how you do it now, Rose." Everyone stopped and looked at Jasper. "You want gems after they're worthless. You wait until after they've lost. Because when you're at the bottom. You'll follow anyone. It makes you feel like less of a failure." Jasper growled as Dioptase approached.

"Just look at those two hiding in fusion!" Dioptase flinched at Jasper's pointing, but kept her stance.

"You've stripped them of everything, Peridot's limb enhancers, her status, and their dignity." Jasper growled, Dioptase scowled at Jasper.

"We still have one of those things." Dioptase glared. "How can you side with Rose Quartz!?" Jasper yelled.

"Why? Why protect this useless shell of a planet?" Jasper growled, Dioptase stepped back slightly, hardening her glare. "It's not a shell, there's so much life living here!" Dioptase said, slightly confused at Jasper's question. 

"And that's what we're doing! I'm living here!" Dioptase said, a small smile fitting on her face. "We've been learning new things about us all the time! Like-" Dioptase thought for a while before speaking. "Like how I can make metal do my bidding!" Dioptase said, dropping her weapon making it fall with a metal, 'CLANG!'

Dioptase cleared her throat. "What I'm trying to say is: Earth can set you free." Dioptase smiled, extending a hand towards Jasper. Dioptase felt a sense of familiarity.

She knew Jasper and she wanted to help her, she wanted to save her, but she also felt fear. She was scared of Jasper, she knew that Jasper could crush her gem like a grape. But that didn't matter.

Jasper growled something under her breath as her Corruption grew to her other hand, frightening the party of three.

"I got out because I'm better than everybody." Jasper growled, her Corruption growing up her body. "I only come back to finish you off." Jasper said, staring into Steven's soul.

"Try not to move!" Steven warned, Jasper snaked up to him, pointing a finger at him. "You can't manipulate me Rose Quartz!" Jasper snarled, making Steven freeze in his spot.