46:road trip! but Labby's not stalking us!

A few days passed and the three gems living in the barn soon bonded over TV shows and the two blue gems bonded over flying and seeing overhead. Labradorite picked up hobbies here and there, but nothing to serious.

So just imagine Labradorite's surprise when a van pulled up to the barn after her and Lapis' daily flys.

Steven informed her about the trip him, his father and Pearl for some reason, were taking and wanted Labradorite to come.

With a bit of hesitancy, Labradorite shrugged and went along with their plans. After all, what's the worst that could happen?

The trip to Empire City was relatively tame. Steven was in the passenger seat along with Greg driving so that meant that Labradorite and Pearl were sitting in the back.

Steven was making small talk with literally everyone in the van and was overall hyped about the trip.

Pearl was definitely less then ecstatic, usually talking with Steven until Greg piped in about his opinion, which made Pearl go silent.

Labradorite didn't know what was going on with those two, but she didn't really care. It was none of her business. Labradorite usually was the one answering Steven's small talk.

She had definitely gotten more social with the people or gems around her after her meeting with Garnet, Pearl wonder why that was but didn't want to pry.

Greg, doing the driving didn't really do much but look at the road and make sure they didn't crash on their way to this popular city.

In the middle of their drive, Greg pulled out his phone and typed in a number before calling it,
keeping his eyes on the road.

"Hello? Yes, I'd like to rent out four suits, one large, a tall skinny, a small, and a medium, thank you." Greg thanked the person on the phone and hung up as they approached the bright city.

The bright lights from the buildings captivated Steven and Labradorite as they both looked out the windows of the vans with mild interest and fascination.

The van parked next to an establishment called 'Le Hotel' and everyone got out of the van. The four walked into the establishment with little to no problem and Greg walked up to the front desk and leaned on it ringing the bell, even though the receptionist was standing behind the desk, who looked at him up and down.

Greg handed the receptionist a card to which he quickly read and his dull expression changed to a cheerful one as Steven came up to the desk and placed a wad of money on the counter. "Hey, shake a leg!" The receptionist called, causing a chain reaction of other employees to come over, shocking both Labradorite and Pearl carrying the luggages.

"It's Mr. Greg!"

"It's Mr. Greg!" The employees repeated with Joy. "And he's here to spend his dough all over the town!" The receptionist said as the employees grabbed and holsted up Labradorite, Pearl, and the luggages each and ran over to a table as they sang.

The employees placed everyone in chairs infront of a table. "When your dining out with me, it's the finest stake and brie." Greg suddenly got up on the table and dance on it, until it broke. "Just bill it to my bank." Greg said handing the receptionist a $100.