18: robo wars

At last the robots were built, Pearl's was slim and tall, While Peridot's was bulky and short. Steven had cleared the chalk board to make a tally mat to show who was winning.

"Ladies and gentlegems, welcome to the first annual robolympics!" Steven introduced as Labradorite stood beside him, clipping quietly.

"Woo!" Garnet cheered, clapping. "Popcorn!" Amethyst cheered with a bag of popcorn she was spilling everywhere.

"This competition will test our robo-engineers' skills of robo-construction and robo-piloting. Whoever wins will get to be in charge of building the cluster drill machine thing. Let the game begin!" Steven cheered.

The first task was balance. The gems knew this by Labradorite holding a sign that said 'Balance'.

Steven had the robots stand on one foot, Pearl stayed grounded, while Peridot's robot....
THUNK

Not so much.
Pearl's side earned a tally.

The next task was crushing things, mainly rocks.

Luckily, Peridot's robot was built for such a task. Pearl's robot, not so much as the rock slipped from the Robot's hands onto Pearl's face.

Labradorite looked away as the rock made contact with the Pearl's face.
  Peridot earned a tally.

The next task was ballet. Peridot's robot was very small with tiny legs, it couldn't spin if it's life depended on it. While Pearl's robot was rolling around, twirling so good even a real ballerina would be jealous. Pearl earned a tally.

The next task was jumping, Steven told you to fly so you could see who was higher. The Pearl went up first, jumping up at a high speed, over the barn to the other side where Peridot was.

Peridot was shocked to see Labradorite up and running, yelling a "LABRADORITE! YOU'RE OKAY!" To which Labradorite replied with a nod and quickly reminded Peridot of the robo competition, to which Peridot immediately got back into character.

"Heh, watch this Labradorite." Peridot said, her robot gaining springs. Peridot's robot hopped gaining so much momentum, it flew up into space, Labradorite following.
Peridots side gained a tally.

The next were things you'd most likely see in a competition, speed, jumping Jack's for some reason, tug of war, rock paper scissors, destruction, painting.

With all of the trials day had turned to evening and  nothing was done about constructing the drill.

"Alright guys. This is the final event!" Steven declared as both the gems in robots stood infront of cars. The Amethysts and Garnet were behind the Pearl's robot, cheering her on. Labradorite seemed to be the only one cheering for Peridot.

"Ready. set. Chuck!" On the word, both robot grabbed their car and chucked it till no one could see. Everyone woahed at the gems in the robots. Amethyst and Steven shrugged at eachother.

"You both get a point on that one." Steven said, going back to the bored. Steven hummed at the boards results. "Looks like our final score is...a tie!" Steven said out the results.  "Well that settles it, you both get to lead the project together!" Steven said, smiling.

Labradorite immediately flew up to Peridot, knowing she wouldn't be to happy with those results.

"No! This isn't over! I demand to have  a tiebreaker!" Peridot yelled, pointing at the Pearl, brushing off Labradorite's words as the Pearl groaned.