Chapter 28

"Is that your blood?!" he looks at her, but Rosa doesn't answer because she doesn't know how to explain it to him, "Rosa? Hello?!" he lightly shakes her arms and she shakes her head, "No, not mine

"Is that your blood?!" he looks at her, but Rosa doesn't answer because she doesn't know how to explain it to him, "Rosa? Hello?!" he lightly shakes her arms and she shakes her head, "No, not mine..." she says softly.

"John B is that your blood?" JJ looks at John B who just stares ahead and Rosa looks at the floor while trying to take a deep breath, but it's more of a gasping breath.

"Whose blood is that?" Kie looks at the two in shock as she and Pope also jog toward them. When no one answers her, she jerks Rosa by both arms, who just looks at Kie "Hello?! Rosa?!"

"Okay chill Kie..." JJ takes her hands off Rosa's arms and gives her a quick punishing look.

"Hey, you okay guys?" asks Pope, and you can hear sirens from a police car in the background. Rosa flinches and looks to the car before clawing on JJ's arm.

"Shit..." Pope looks to the police car and then pulls John B and Kie behind a wooden wall, JJ grabs Rosa's hand and pulls her behind a sofa. The five are quiet, waiting for the police car to drive away. Kie is the first to get up and looks at John B and then Rosa, "Talk now. Whose blood is this?"

"Sheriff Peterkins..." whispers John B softly, and Rosa squeezes her eyes shut, tears streaming from them.

"And why are you full of her blood?" Pope also stands up and looks at them both in shock, JJ helps Rosa up and gently strokes her back to calm her down. John B looks at Rosa for a moment and takes a breath, "Rafe shot her..."Before he even finishes the sentence, Rosa bends over a barrel and vomits in it, JJ looks at her in shock and immediately holds her hair. Kie looks at her in disgust, but Pope doesn't pay any attention "Rafe Cameron shot Peterkin?!" he repeats in a loud voice, John B just nods slightly and then goes to Rosa as well and puts a hand on her back.

Rosa wipes her lips and takes a deep breath, while JJ looks at her with concern.

"Hello!" Pope looks at the others who slowly turn to him, "Rafe? I mean I expected a lot from him but this?!"

Rosa moans softly and leans tiredly against a wall, "Please don't let her die..." Rosa just whispers quietly to herself and John B pulls her into his arms "She won't" he tries to reassure her, JJ hugs the two as well. Kie and Pope pause for a few seconds, but then hug them also.

"Okay, let's go to my place. My parents are at the wreck, and there John B and Rosa can take a shower without anyone asking why the two are covered in blood." Kie pulls away after a while and looks at her friends, Rosa then nods a little "Okay yeah.. thanks" she says softly and Kie smiles, "Of course."