Chapter 5

"Guys, guys, is that them?" Kie panics

"No.." JJ says and Rosa looks at him "Yes.."

"Is that them?" Kie is about to cry. "This is suboptimal" Pope states. JJ turns around and and starts talking in a shaky voice "John B, I told you. Why does it always..." JB cuts him off and holds his finger in front of JJ's face like a father about to teach his son a life lesson. "JJ! Hey, look at me. Where's the gun?"

"Gun? I, uh, I can't..." he closes his eyes and you can see from his facial expression that he is thinking.
"Now you don't have the gun, the one time we need the gun?" Kie cries and holds her hands prayerfully in front of her face.

"It was in my backpack, and then I..." JJ pinches his nose, his eyes still closed. Rosa stands behind JB and looks at JJ, her hands holding onto John B's t-shirt again.

"Backpack... On the porch" JB's finger is still up, "It's on the porch" JJ repeats.

"Go, go" JB instructs him and turns around looking at Rosa. "We are going to die" she says and you can see tears forming in her eyes, "No, we are not. Calm down okay? Everything is going to be fine" he tries to calm her down and lightly strokes her arm.

"John Routledge!" a man starts to scream and JJ bursts back into the office, closing the door behind him. "Guys!" Kie is about to get a heart attack.

"Come on out now! Fuck..." they continue to scream, "Where's the compass?" their voices are getting closer.

"Where's the gun?" JB looks at JJ "They're on the front porch, guys." JJ simply says, but you can see that he's also scared as shit.

"Get out here! Routledge!" you hear furniture being knocked over, which makes Rosa flinch. "Where you at, boy?!"

"We gotta leave!" Kie whispers, "Guys, window. Window." JJ and Pope walk over to the window and try to open it, but without success. The windows are totally closed by all the paint. Outside the office glass is being shattered and furniture flies through the living room.

"Hurry." Kie rushes, "What... what's happening?" he looks at the boys, "Why is it taking so long?" "It's painted shut, okay?" JJ hisses.

"I'll check the kitchen. Routledge!" the men are screaming. Rosa looks around the office and finds a letter opener. JB standing in front of the door with his arms looked over his head.

"Okay, guys. Guys. Here, I got this" Rosa hands JJ the letter opener.

"Where the hell's that compass?! Hey, check the back room."

"Come on" Rosa taps JJ's back while he's trying to cut the paint. "I'm going as fast as I can" he says.

"Shh...Be quiet." JB and Pope are standing in front of the door and have their fingers in front of their lips.

And then someone wiggles the door handle, "You better not be in there!" the man screams while Pope and John B are trying to keep the door shut. But the man starts to break down the door and little by little pieces of wood break out of the door. John B and Pope rush to the window and then you can hear a gunshot.