Chapter 8

"Rosa?"

"Rosa?"

She doesn't need to turn around to know who just called her. She takes a breath and then puts on her sweetest smile as she turns around, "Hey Ward!"

The other four just look uncertain and stand there awkwardly.

"Hey sweetie" he walks up to them, "do you want to come with me? Rafe has been looking everywhere for you since last night...he's freaking out because he's worried...your dad can't reach you either" he looks briefly at the Pogues but then back at Rosa.

"Oh ehm... well I..." she stutters a bit until Ward puts his hand on her shoulder "Well come on I'll give you a ride" he smiles and Rosa looks back at John B who just shrugs a bit but smiles at her as a sign that it's ok with him.

"Okay... see you guys later" she looks at the others but then walks with Ward to his car and rides with him to the Camerons.

When they arrive and Ward still doesn't see the generator, he exhales sourly and slams the car door before stomping into the house. Rosa looks uncertainly at the house but follows him slowly... when she hears Rafe and Ward arguing, however, she stops behind the door to the porch.

"I don't feel like you care" Ward is obviously annoyed with his son. "I said I do!" defends Rafe, and the two talk over each other "You said...:" "What do you want me to say?", Rafe interrupts him and raises his voice a bit. Rosa just stands behind the door, nervously picking at her nail.

"I don't want you to say anything! Take care of business. Where are the generators?" Ward raises his voice looking at Rafe sourly "I gave you money for the generators..." suddenly Rosa feels a hand on her shoulder, and she flinches "It's just me..." Sarah reassures her and smiles before following the conversation as well.

"You said you would take care of it. Did you take care of it? Where are they?"

"They're on back order" Rafe lies and Rosa looks at Sarah with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, of course they are." Ward laughs and takes a sip of whiskey.

"There was a hurricane" Rafe just sits in the chair and looks at his father.

"I tell you what. You know that Pogue I just fired? Way more reliable than you" Rosa gulps a little, not knowing that JB was fired.

"Really?" asks Rafe ironically, just grinning.

"Yeah, really! You need to get it together, Rafe, or you can go live on the cut."

"Damn..." whispers Rosa, looking at Sarah.

Rafe just laughs and runs his fingers over his lips.

"That funny to you?"

"Wow" Rafe looks off into the distance and grins.

"You can go live on the damn cut, Rafe...as far as I'm concerned." Rafe's grin disappears and he furrows his brow.

"Now get out of here. I'm sick of lookin' at you" Rafe stands up and is about to go when Ward continues "Make yourself useful somewhere, somehow."

1. Kook Princess ~ JJ MaybankOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara