Chapter 16

"No effing way!" Kie walks across the porch and looks angrily at John B "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" she shrugs and pretends Sarah isn't even there

John B looks at Pope for help "I dunno" Pope says and shrugs his shoulders, then JB looks to JJ "Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share" he says simply and points first at Sarah and then at JB. John B looks at his best friend pleadingly and she clears her throat briefly "Sarah wants to help us Kie" says Rosa, Kie just stares at her angrily and then looks back at John B with narrowed eyebrows "You know, I don't remember taking a vote. This is our thing" she points at herself shortly "A Pogue thing."

"Okay Kie you're not a Pogue, but a Kook just like Sarah and I... so don't make such a huge deal out of it" Rosa defends Sarah.

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this" Pope speaks up.

"Thank you!" Kie looks at him but John B interrupts her mid-sentence, "When aren't you?" Sarah just looks at John B. Rosa slides back and forth a bit on JJ's lap, so he nudges her and looks at her. Rosa looks at him confused but then understands what he means which is why she grins "Sorry..." she grins at him and he returns the grin.

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably" Pope looks angrily at John B and JJ then nods "It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him."

John B looks off into the distance, "That's cute, guys" he says ironically.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her" Kie looks at Sarah for the first time and Rosa gulps a little, knowing shit is really hitting the fan now.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" speaks Sarah a little louder.

"Then leave" Kie just says, causing Sarah scoffs "I told you" she looks first at John B and then Rosa who slowly gets up from JJ's lap.

"Kie...you could forgive me, then why not Sarah?" Rosa walks to her and Kie just angrily shoves her away, causing Rosa to stumble backwards and grab onto a pole. JJ is about to get up, but Rosa pushes him back onto the chair. She raises her eyebrows and exhales sourly "Puta" Kie looks at her, since that's some of the few words anyone actually knows in Spanish. However, she looks to Sarah afterwards "so..Told him what, exactly? That you're a liar?"

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch" Sarah looks at Kie who laughs and forms her hands into fists.

"Oh, shit!" JJ pulls money out of his back pocket and holds it up to Pope, grinning, as the two place bets on the girls.

"When have I lied?" asks Sarah.

"My money's on Kie" JJ looks at Pope and Rosa gives him a look causing him to slowly put the money in his hand down.

"You get somebody close to you..." starts Kie, but Sarah interrupts her, "I didn't lie about shit..."

"Everybody shut up!" suddenly yells JB causing everyone to look at him and Rosa pulls a pre-rolled joint out of her bag.