Chapter 17

"And that's it

"And that's it. Easy right?" he smiles and Rosa just looks at him disturbed "Easy?"  JJ nods and Rosa just shakes her head. "Come try it" he pulls her onto the surfboard and Rosa mimics his movements confused "What's the point? On the beach and on the sea is totally different..."

"You have to master the movement before you can jump on the waves you maniac..." he looks at her and Rosa laughs then "so... again" he points to the surfboard and she does the movements again. JJ watches her closely and then nods a little "okay" he smiles and takes the surfboard "off to the sea."

Rosa walks with JJ to the water and pulls her leg up as soon as her toe touches the water, "Cold..." JJ looks at her and laughs, "don't be like that" he takes her hand and pulls her into the water with him, Rosa squeals a little as the water touches her stomach. JJ places the surfboard and Rosa holds it while JJ lifts her up by the waist and puts her on the board.

She looks at him for a moment and then smiles, JJ returns the smile "paddle towards the wave" he points to the small wave and Rosa nods before laying her belly on the board and paddling towards the wave. "Okay... turn around with the surfboard" he instructs her and she does as he says. "Good... paddle... paddle.. paddle" he repeats over and over and Rosa tries to paddle as fast as she can.  JJ watches her closely, "get on your knees... and then up!" Rosa kneels on JJ's surfboard as it slowly enters the wave, she carefully stands up, spreading her arms as she does so, but falls off the board within a second and lands in the water. She pops up and JJ holds the board in place "That was... not that bad..." he nods and Rosa furrows her eyebrows "give me that" she takes the board from him and climbs onto it before paddling back in the direction of a wave.

"Alright..." he watches her kneel down, "get up!!!" He shouts and Rosa slowly gets up again but lands back in the ocean. She pops up and hits the water with her fist "Fuck this shit..." she says frustrated and JJ tries to suppress his laughter "It's alright..." he pulls her into his arm and grins as soon as she can't see his face anymore. Rosa exhales annoyed and takes the board again, "The waves are too strong, that's the problem." JJ looks at her and then looks at the itty bitty waves "Hm-mh..." he nods slightly and Rosa splashes water in his face "shut up."

Rosa falls into the water what feels like 100 times and gets more and more frustrated. "Okay stop..." JJ holds the board where Rosa is sitting on it. She looks at him, "you can do this...you need to be a little calmer, okay? You look like you're about to kill someone." "Or maybe the problem is just that I'm drunk?" JJ shakes his head "Nah..." he laughs a little and smacks her ass "last try..." Rosa rolls her eyes grinning and paddles off again, she kneels down first and then stands up. JJ looks at her with wide eyes and Rosa staggers back and forth a bit, but then manages to keep her balance and surfs a few meters before falling down. She pops up and squeals, JJ grins widely, "That's what I'm talkin' bout Baby!" he takes her in his arms and Rosa grins proudly before wrapping her legs around his waist. JJ holds her tight and strokes some hair out of her face.