Chapter 26

Rosa wakes up next in John B's arms and stretches a bit before rubbing her forehead with her fingers because all the crying is giving her a headache

Rosa wakes up next in John B's arms and stretches a bit before rubbing her forehead with her fingers because all the crying is giving her a headache. She turns to her cell phone, but immediately puts it away when she sees all the missed calls and messages from Rafe and Sarah. She looks at a family photo that is on her nightstand and suddenly it hits her again, her mom is dead. Rosa gulps and quickly gets up before running to her bathroom and throwing up, which wakes up John B, who sleepily follows her. He holds her hair with one hand and strokes her back with the other.

"What's wrong?" he mumbles tiredly, and Rosa wipes her mouth with the back of her hand before rinsing off the vomit. She looks at him through the mirror and he just nods, "Yeah... stupid question."

Rosa starts brushing her teeth and he clears his throat a bit, "We have to get the gold. Pope has no time and no idea where Kie and JJ are...so it's just you and me." Rosa looks at him and at first wants to say no, but she knows how important it is to him and that he needs the money.

"Okay... get ready then we'll go" she mumbles with the toothbrush in her mouth.

John B stops the Twinkie in front of the Crains house and gets out, Rosa hesitates at first but when she sees the for sale sign she raises her eyebrows and gets out immediately

John B stops the Twinkie in front of the Crains house and gets out, Rosa hesitates at first but when she sees the for sale sign she raises her eyebrows and gets out immediately. John B looks over at her and the two exchange a look before quickly climbing over the fence and running to the house. John B stops abruptly, which is why Rosa runs right into him. He catches her before they both fall down.

"What the fuck?" Rosa looks at him confused, but his gaze is fixed forward, she follows his gaze and the two look at an orange wheelbarrow from Cameron Development.

"No. No!" John B quickly gets up and walks into the basement, Rosa follows him while looking at all the tools and machinery on the property.

"Try to hold me" John B pushes the rope into her hand and Rosa looks at him stupidly. She throws the rope over a hook on the ceiling and then ties it to an iron pipe. She takes the remaining piece to rotate in her hands while JB ties the rope around himself. She slowly lowers it while moaning in anguish.

"Fat bitch..." she mumbles, but John B just ignores it. Then Rosa notices the rope getting lighter and she knows he's in the tunnel to the gold.

"No...No! No! No. No! No! No! No! No!" Rosa only hears John B's screams, and she immediately knows what's going on. Then she hears him hitting the floor again and again.