Chapter 4

As soon as the boat is out of their sight, they slowly walk towards the front door

As soon as the boat is out of their sight, they slowly walk towards the front door. The first person to go inside is JB followed by JJ with Rosa grabbing on to his shirt.

The inside of the house looks just as shrill as the outside of it. All over the house are overturned furniture and broken glass.

"Ms. Lana?" JB asks while looking for her.. and then he finds her curled up in her bathroom.. well what's left of it. "Ms. Lana" JB runs towards her "Hey. Hey!" he kneels down next to her and puts his hand carefully on her shoulder, "Hey, are you okay?" The second he touches her, she flinches and looks at the three anxiously "It's okay" John B tries to comfort her.

"Dude, she's tweaking" JJ says while tapping John B on the shoulder. „Why would you say that JJ..." Rosa nudges him but still stays behind him. Let's be real.. Rosa always acts like she isn't scared of anything, but the longer she's in a relationship with Rafe she more and more realizes that humans are bad.

"Do you need a doctor?" JB ignores them and looks at Lana, who is still sobbing. "Let's call the sheriff's department" JB looks at Rosa and immediately as she pulls out her phone Ms. Lana tries to grab it "No No no cops, please." she looks at Rosa.

"Mm. That's not good." JJ looks at her seriously and continues, "Come on, dude. Let's just go" he taps John B's shoulder but he just pushes his hand away.

"You shouldn't be here" Lana cries out and seriously looks at John B and then at Rosa.

"That's enough for me. Come on" JJ grabs Rosa's hand and tries to pull John B away.. unsuccessful. "Wait, wait."
"What do you know about these guys?" "They were looking for something." she tries to speak, but her voice is shaky and broken.

"Does it have anything to do with this?" John B holds out his compass and gives Rosa a look that she should show her mothers' diary. She is unsure at first but then slowly pulls out the diary and shows it Ms. Lana. Her look changes immediately and she starts breathing fast while shaking her head "Do you know anything about this? This is my father's and Rosa's mothers, and Scooter had it." Ms. Lana stays quiet.

„Why?" John B tries to push the answer out of her while JJ looks at her from around the corner.

"Scooter didn't have it, okay?" her voice now more clear than before "Don't tell anyone you have this!" she raises her voice, making Rosa grab tighter onto JJs shirt.

"Come on" JJ taps JB's shoulder again and again. „Why?" John B does not let go.

"They can't know! You've gotta get out of here!" she screams right into John B's face.

"What do you know about the compass?" now John B raises his voice and looks at her pleadingly.

"Go! Get out!" she screams louder.

"We gotta go. Let's go" Rosa says and pulls John B up „Please.." John B looks at Ms. Lana for a few seconds before they storm out of the house.