Chapter 9

Suddenly, Rosa is pulled out of her thoughts, as two arms grab her from behind and pull her away a little

Suddenly, Rosa is pulled out of her thoughts, as two arms grab her from behind and pull her away a little. Rosa cries out in panic, but then feels a hand on her mouth, causing her to fidget frantically...until she hears a familiar laugh.

She turns around and hits his chest, "JJ! What the hell was that about?!" she looks at him in shock, but JJ just laughs and drops down in the sand next to her, "You looked like a stranded fish..." he grins to himself. Rosa looks over at him and tries to suppress her grin, "Here. Drink and shut up" she holds the bottle out to him, which JJ grabs and takes a few sips.

"What are you doing here alone at this hour?" he pushes the bottle into the sand beside him, looking at Rosa.

"Oh you know. Party's over and I need to clear my head first or Sam will rat me out to dad..." she smiles a little, but JJ sees right through her lies, knowing the way she acts when she's drunk and right now? She's definitely not drunk.

" Mh-hm... Are you okay?" he looks at her worried and Rosa takes a deep breath "Yeah sure" she smiles but JJ looks at her serious.

"It's all good JJ" she grins and leans over him to get to the tequila bottle but JJ leans forward so Rosa plops down on top of him. She looks down at him and their faces are only a few centimeters apart. She looks into his eyes and feels something she hasn't felt in a long time...the feeling of being home. JJ brushes a strand of hair from her face but then Rosa quickly sits up and clears her throat. JJ sits up as well and hands her the bottle.

"Thanks..." she smiles a little and takes a sip "Are you hungry?" asks JJ out of nowhere. Rosa just looks confused until JJ points to the wreck and she understands him "Ahhhh..." she thinks for a second "that's Kie's parents place...I don't know if they want to see me." "Kie's parents love you... they always speak well of you, which makes Kie freak out..." JJ grins to which Rosa smiles.

"John B is there too...if you want to tell him the truth about what happened today" JJ raises an eyebrow and Rosa just stands up "Nothing happened. Come I want fries..."

"Look who I found" JJ pushes Rosa into the building and Kie's smile slowly disappears

"Look who I found" JJ pushes Rosa into the building and Kie's smile slowly disappears. Rosa notices this and then holds up the bottle of tequila "I got a souvenir too..." she smiles awkwardly until JB grabs the bottle and grins.