Chapter 22

Reggae music plays on the way to the warehouse

Reggae music plays on the way to the warehouse. JB drives the car and Sarah sits next to him, while Kie sits across from Pope and Rosa sits on JJ's lap.

"So they keep money out here?" says Pope uncertainly, looking around.

"That's what she said" JJ has his hand on Rosa's thigh and then giggles "That's what she said" Rosa laughs and looks at JJ amused until Pope looks at the two seriously "Stop."

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive" Sarah says and turns back to look at the others, "Yeah.. same" Rosa nods.

"'Cause you're rich" JJ says, but Kie immediately defends the two, "You've never heard of it either."

"Thank you" Sarah smiles and Rosa looks at JJ and raises an eyebrow "Sorry..." he says softly and grins. Rosa grins as well and then reaches into his backpack and pulls out a bag of weed and paper.

Pope looks at her closely as she rolls the joint. Rosa faces him and smiles a little, making him look away awkwardly. JJ laughs a little and whispers in her ear, "You're making him nervous with your looks...because those are really attractive." Rosa grins at him and Kie just looks at the two of them in disgust.

"There's nothing but weeds back here" Kie says and JJ looks at her "All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." he is interrupted by sirens causing Rosa to look out the window confused.

"Cops? Out here?" asks Kie, confused.

"God! Are you kidding me?" yells JJ in Rosa's ear causing her to push his head away and cover her ear, "Ahhh!" she says angrily.

"What did we do?" Sarah looks back.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" Pope looks at the others.

"Stash that" JB looks at JJ who is putting the gold in his backpack.

"Chill, guys..." Kie looks at the guys, who are all cracking up.

"Put it..." Pope points to the seat.

"I hate cops" JJ looks at John B who grabs JJ's arm "Did you bring the gun?"

"No. Okay? Everybody told me to leave it back at the place."

"Thank God. Okay... Please, everything else in your bag."

"I am! I am, all right?" JJ packs up the stuff and Sarah takes the joint from Rosa as she is about to light it, "What the hell, Rosa?!"

"How much weed do you have on you, JJ and Rosa?" asks Kie and Rosa raises her hands, "It's all from JJ."

"He's walking up..." Pope nervously stuffs the backpack into the seat, while Rosa stands in the middle of the van, squeezed between JJ and Kie.

"Nothing better to do..." John B is interrupted by a click of a gun, causing everyone to go quiet. Rosa looks at her best friend, who has a gun held to his face by a masked man.