ii. more bad than good

Asher, Allison, Scott, and Stiles are crowded around in the corner of the classroom as they go over what the boys found out about Malia.

"Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails." Stiles points at the map on his tablet.

"Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails." Allison adds on. "But, I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves." She looks at Scott.

"Yeah, they don't like lions either." Asher grumbles, making everyone look at her. "I know from experience, and I don't wanna get into it, okay?"

They look away.

"And they're really smart. If they don't wanna be heard, they actually walk on their toes." Allison tells them.

"Coyotes tip-toe?" Stiles furrows his brows.

"They tip-toe." Allison rolls her eyes.

"That's so cool." Asher smiles.

The teenagers look up as the school bell rings.

"I got to go, but send me the pinned location." Allison turns to leave.

"See you later, Alli." Asher waved.

The girl looked at her with a smile. "Bye, Asher."

The three that were left start to walk to their seats. They all go down their separate rows, Scott getting stopped by Kira.

"Hi. I'm Kira. You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you again." Kira rambles, visibly nervous.

And it makes Scott smile.

"Anyway, I have something for you." She takes her bag off her back.

"For me?" Scott watches her.

"Yeah." She answers. "About the bardo. My explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and printed it out for you." Kira digs through her bag.

Scott chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck. "Ah, you didn't have to do that."

"It only took a couple of hours." Kira shook her head.

He raised his eyebrows. "Wow. Then you really didn't have to do that."

"I swear I printed it out." Kira stares down into her backpack, not finding the pages as she flips through everything.