vii. strange frequencies

" Ennis? "

" Ennis? "

»»———-  ———-««

"Okay, the last time I got a call like this from you... Liam was tied up in your bathroom." Asher huffed, walking into Scott's bedroom where she saw him, Stiles, and Liam.

"This is a little different." Scott said.

She glanced over to see the bathroom door shut and they were all crowded around. "Um... Who's in there this time?"

"Her name is Hayden." Liam answered.

"Wait... Why didn't you call Rey, then? Isn't this Hayden girl on the soccer team?" Asher blinked. "Reya's the captain."

Stiles shut in his eyes in annoyance. "I forgot about that."

"Just-" Scott stopped them. He walked over to the door and knocked. "Hey, Hayden. It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just... We want to help." When she didn't answer, he turned back to his friends. "I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out."

"Liam, what the hell happened?" Asher asked.

He shrugged slightly. "She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" Stiles questioned.

"I don't know." Liam answered.

"She's definitely a chimera?" Scott had to be sure.

The beta nodded. "She said she heard a voice saying, "Your condition improves.""

Asher puts her face in her hands. "This is like a nightmare, oh my God."

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles agrees, walking up to the bathroom door. "Hayden." He knocks. "This is Stiles. Your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

When there was still no answer, or no move for the door to be unlocked, Stiles backed away. The boys looked at Asher to see if she wanted to try.

She rolled her eyes, stepping up towards the door. "Hey, Hayden? My name's Asher, I don't think we've met. Um... This is probably super confusing and a little terrifying, but it's gonna be okay. Open the door and we can help you."

Waiting... Waiting... Still nothing.

Asher sighed as she crossed her arms across her chest, walking away.