ii. chaos rising

Asher Lewis was driving down the street towards the nearest gas station

Asher Lewis was driving down the street towards the nearest gas station. She took a right turn onto the next street, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel. Once the gas station came into view the girl tightened her hands a little, getting ready to make another turn. Asher pulled in, found a parking spot and parked her car. The girl turned it off and climbed out of her car.

Once she entered the store she looked around trying to get a feel for the place. Asher started walking forward to get to the chip isle. She glanced around before deciding on some plain potato chips. She knew they were quite basic, but they were her favorite. Asher sighed and headed to the coolers to snag a drink. Once she had all she wanted she started towards the cashier.

"Hey pretty lady!"

Asher kept walking, not knowing if he was talking to her and slightly ignoring him.

"Hey! I'm talking to you, mama!" She heard the voice again.

Asher set her things down on the counter, giving the lady a small smile before turning around.

"Hi?" She said hesitantly. Asher didn't want to start a problem, but she knew she could fight if needed.

"What're you doing here all alone?" The man asked with a smirk.

Asher shuffled slightly, rubbing her hands together. "Snacks." That was all she said.

A flicker of anger flashed across the man's face. "What? No smile for me?" He regained his composure.

Asher sighed. She really didn't want to deal with this right now. She knew if she came home looking as if she had been in a fight she'd never hear the end of it. "Mmmm. No thanks."

"C'mon. Just a little smile." He said, stepping a little closer. He attempted to grab her arm but she stepped back.

"Please don't touch me." Asher was trying to be polite, even though this guys was a total pervert.

He huffed and reached out again. Asher grabbed his wrist, turned him around and kicked the back of his knee. He fell slightly. "I asked you not to touch me." Asher breathed out.

"Okay, okay! Okay! Let me go! Damn." The guy begged. She turned his arm a little more hearing a wince. "Damn, woman. Let me go!" Asher huffed before pushing him to the ground. He got up and swung his arm a little. Giving her a pissed off look before leaving.

The girl turned back to the cashier and rubbed her hands together again. It was a habit she had with anxiety.

"Um.. Are you alright?" The cashier lady asked.

Asher nodded. "Oh, yeah. No, I'm fine."

"Six dollars eighty three cents, please." The woman was being a bit cautious.

The teenager pulled her wallet from her pocket and dug out a ten. "Keep the change or donate it. I don't need it." She grabbed the snacks that were now bagged up and walked out the store.