iiii. illuminated

"So, when did you get there?" Agent McCall asks

"At the same time." Stiles answers.

He's sitting beside Scott with Kira next to him on the couch. Beside Kira, Asher sits on the arm of the chair next to the couch and Lydia sits in the seat.

"At the same time as who?" McCall presses.

"At the same time as me." Scott points to himself.

"By coincidence?" McCall raises his eyebrows. "Wait, when did you get there?" He points a finger at Asher.

Asher, who he still knows as Isabella James, rubs her hands together. She flexes them before balling them into fists. She wanted to go home and watch New Girl with Deaton, and maybe invite the twins over. What she didn't want to do, was talk to Scott's insufferable father.

"At the same time as them." She lazily gestures to the boys.

"And what do you mean coincidence?" Stiles squints.

"That's what I'm askingyou." McCall answers. "The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott furrows his brows.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles looks over at him.

The two then look over at Asher. "I dunno, boys, he could be asking the smart one, AKA, the woman." Asher smirks.

"I think he's asking all three of you." Lydia stops them, giving Asher a look.

"Okay, let me answer the questions." McCall says.

Asher smiles slightly, meeting Stilinski's eyes behind the desk. He uses the hand covering his mouth to shake his finger at her, telling her not to say anything.

"Let me ask the questions." He corrects himself. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town." McCall recites from his notepad.

"Sounds about right." Stiles answers.

Asher sends the man a thumbs up, Lydia nodding beside her.

"How'd you know he'd take her to a power station?" McCall looks at Stiles.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer." Stiles scratches his temple. "So, where else would he take her?"

McCall smiles sarcastically. "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

Stiles smiles brightly back. "Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." The boy winks at his father.

Stilinski snorts, quickly covering it up with a cough when McCall looks back at him. "Stiles, just, uh... Just answer the man."