iii. unleashed

"Do I have to?" Asher whined, not wanting to run with the cross country team even though she signed up

"Do I have to?" Asher whined, not wanting to run with the cross country team even though she signed up. "I don't see the point!"

"Ash, if you don't shut up and come on, I'm going to kill you." Aiden threatened, wanting to go already.

The girl laughed. "You can try, big man." She knew there was a chance of him beating her, but it she liked getting the wolf riled up. "See if the dog hating cats thing is true."

Asher heard Ethan groan from beside her. "Can you both shut up and come on?" He pleaded.

On the other side of him, Aiden shook his head. "I'm trying, but Ms. Kitty here, won't stop whining." He went to turn and walk away. Asher smacked him the head. "Ow! Ohhh, I'm really gonna kill you now!" Aiden growled.

Ethan grabbed her arm and dragged her through the halls. "Go to the girls locker room and get changed. You are coming with us."

She groaned, threw her head back and walked into the locker room. "Do this, do that. Stupid mutts." Asher mocked.

"I heard that, Ash." She heard Aiden whisper from the other room. She chuckled.

--------------------

The twins walked up to the starting line, right behind Isaac Lahey. Asher shook her head, knowing they were doing everything they possibly could to rile the boy up. Once Coach blew the whistle everyone took off. Except Isaac, who was still crouched on the ground, anger all over his face.

"Pace yourselves! Come on!" She heard Finstock yell somewhere behind her.

Asher and the boys were at the front of the line, them waiting for Isaac to catch up, her just wanting to get this over with. She looked over at the twins, seeing the amused look on her faces.

"You guys are stupid, you know that? What's the point in starting a fight you know you won't be able to finish?" Asher questioned.

Aiden scoffed. "We're alpha's. Trust me, we can finish it."

"You know Scott's gonna come help him. And we all know what he is. Or what he will be." She retorted.

"He's close. Shut up, guys." Ethan spoke up.

Asher rolled her eyes, and snuck a quick glance behind her. The Lahey boy was catching up easily, but the twins just ran faster. The girl grunted, increasing her speed as well. The four soon broke off from the group, running faster and faster.

"How is this fun for you, guys?" Asher asked, looking at them like they're crazy.

She got ignored as they sped up even more until she lost them. Asher was left with Isaac, who slowed down.