vi. a credible threat

" Ugh, shut up

Ugh, shut up. I hate you all. 

»»———-  ———-««

Asher's fine. Like, objectively speaking, the Lewis girl was doing just fine. She's sleeping more, Lydia is back in her life - though not in the way she would prefer -, her and Scott are on good terms once more, she's been civil with Stiles, Reya's learning control and Asher's proud of her, Deaton is around again, and just... Asher's life could be worse!

Yet, she still feels like the world around her is crashing and burning. There are multiple reasons she could feel like that. For example: Theo and his pack of zombie chimeras are still around, the Beast is still killing people, her and Lydia are still just friends, whatever the Dread Doctors did hasn't made itself known, Jordan and his hellhound buddy are still in a weird position in all of this. But there's one thing that's really weighing on her.

Ethan fucking Steiner, her brother and best friend, is ignoring her. At first, she wasn't sure if he really was, like maybe he got busy with a job, or maybe the time zones were messing with his replies. Hell, Asher even tried calling him, but there was nothing. She would stay up to message him so the times would work out. Nothing. She would send something for when he wakes up. Nothing. She even emailed him. He never once answered.

It was really taking a toll on Asher. She needs her brother, she always has. All she's ever needed was him, really. So, him straight up ignoring her attempts at communication is hurting her more than she would ever admit to anyone. Asher just wants to talk after a bad day or check on his life in London - which is where he ended up. 

As much as she needs him, he doesn't seem to need her. At least... Not in the way he used to claim he did. Ethan has a new life far away from all the supernatural drama and all the death. A new life away from her; His little sister.

Everyone around her has taken notice on something bothering her because, well, she was just fine! After they got Lydia back, Asher was slowly morphing back into her normal-ish self. She was around more, she was engaging in conversations, she was smiling - though her smiles nowadays are more like grimaces -, she had focused up a bit more in school despite the war they were in. And then it changed. Again.