i. anchors

"Asher!" A voice calls from the back of the coffee shop they were in.

"Yeah, Nicole?" Asher answers as she wipes the counters down.

"I've got to go see my sister today, so will you please make me a very caffeinated coffee?" Nicole Solace walks through the door, meeting Asher behind the counter.

Asher looks around, her, now short, hair swinging behind her. She saw only, like, three people in the shop. "Yeah, totally. You're usual?"

Nicole smiles. "Yes, please. While you're doing that I'm gonna heat us up some bagels!"

Asher pumps her fist in the air with a smile. "Yes! You're the best, Nicole."

The older woman smiles. "I know, I know." She chuckles.

They work in silence for a few minutes until the bell from the door rings as someone walks in. Asher looks up and immediately smiles.

"Hey, Dan." She greets, putting Nicole's finished coffee to the side. "What's up?"

Danny smiles, walking up to the counter. "Hey, Ash. I just came to see how you're doing."

Asher narrowed her eyes at him. "You want a cheap coffee, don't you?"

Danny drummed on the counter. "You know me so well."

"Sorry, Dan, but you're not family, so... No family discount." Asher shrugged, a playful smile on her face.

Danny pouted for a moment but then suddenly ran out.

"Where'd he go?" Nicole turned around.

"I don't know..." Asher raised her eyebrows, watching the door.

As the door opened again, Asher groaned. Danny was pushing Ethan through the door, the wolf had a confused look on his face. Danny put an arm around his shoulder and led him to the counter.

"Well, here's your brother, Ash. Family discount is very much available now." Danny smiled.

Ethan looked at him. "That's why you dragged me in here? Coffee?"

Asher rubbed a hand down her face. "Okay, fine. Ethan, what would you like?"

Nicole watched from the back with a small smile on her face. She was spreading the cream cheese on their bagels. The woman always enjoyed when Asher's friends came in as they always made her laugh. She watched as the Danny boy leaned into Ethan's ear and whispered something.