xii. the devine move

Asher couldn't think

Asher couldn't think. She couldn't speak and she could barely move. She wished Allison was here, but sadly Allison was the reason they were where they were.

The lion sat next to Lydia on a bench in the Sheriff's Station. The redhead was leaning her head on Asher's shoulder, her hands gripping the girls leather jacket in an attempt to feel grounded. Asher was still, though, not meeting Lydia in the psychical touch. She just sat there and allowed the girl to hold her, but she didn't move.

The scene was replaying in Asher's head.

Lydia.

Running.

Scream.

Sword being pulled from Allison.

Scott running for her.

Asher freezing.

Her best friend losing her life.

Vomiting.

Kira finding her and helping her out of the camp.

"Asher, come here, please." Stilinski's voice drew her out of her trance.

She looked up, seeing him standing there. Asher knew she'd have to retell the events of tonight to the cops, but she just felt like throwing up again. She felt a small whine in the back of her throat as Lydia let her go, already missing the soft but desperate touch of the girl.

But Asher got up anyway and followed him into his office. Deputy Parrish was sitting in there with a notepad, ready. Asher sat down on the couch, Stilinski sitting next to her.

"Okay, Asher, I'm just going to ask you a few questions and then you can go, okay?" Parrish asked softly.

She just nodded weakly.

"What exactly do you remember of how Allison died?" Parrish asked.

Asher winced at those two words being said right after another.

Allison. Died.

"Asher?"

"Sorry." She mumbled. "I- Um- It all happened so fast I don't-"

Stilinski reached over and rubbed her shoulder, but Asher yanked herself away from his touch. It was an instinct.

"Just take a deep breathe, calm your mind." Parrish said.

Asher's eyes snapped up to his. "Calm my mind? My best friend is dead, I have to relive it now, and you want me to calm my mind?" Her voice was loud.

From outside the office, the other three could hear her voice. They completely understood.