xii. smoke and mirrors

╰┈➤ ❝ [I have a sense that I've pissed you off?] ❞

Asher hated not being with Lydia. She literally hated it more than she hated anything else. But when the redhead gives her those pretty green eyes and kisses her softly... Well, Asher would agree to anything.

And that's how Lydia ended up at the school by herself and Asher was meeting up with the pack to go to Mexico.

She was there first, Stiles and Braeden pulling up soon after.

"How'd you get a prison transport van?" Stiles walked up to Braeden.

"I'm a US Marshall." Braeden says plainly.

"Yeah... I just thought that was just a cover." Stiles nods.

Another car pulling up beside hers makes Asher look over. Derek and Peter get out.

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek gestures to Liam.

Asher scoffs. "Are we really bringing him?" She nods to Peter.

"We're bringing everyone that we can." Peter eyes her.

Asher walks closer to her friends, making sure she's closest to Liam. She was not letting Peter get to another person she cared about.

"And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going." Peter continued. "A werewolf can't steal a true alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her... Maybe she can."

They all just stared at him, sick and tired of his attitude already.

"So, if we're all sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going." Peter finishes.

Asher shook her head. "No. We can't. I'm not leaving without Lydia."

"What's she doing at the school, anyway?" Derek paces.

"She's getting Kira's jacket from her locker." Asher answers, arm now slung around Liam's shoulders. The beta doesn't mind, arms crossed against his chest.

"Yeah, we got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent." Malia added.

"Nothing." Stiles walks back to the group after trying to call Lydia.

Asher clicks her tongue. "She didn't answer my calls, what makes you think she's gonna yours?"

"Shut up, Ash." Stiles rolls his eyes.